Props Halo Reach Shotgun: Lee Keegan Style. (lots of pics, and a vid) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man! I'm os sorry everyone that i haven't done anything on it recently. I got a caught up with being sick and exams. There will be progress. One day. :D. Stay tuned.

Hey guys! long time no post. Exams are done now though, so you can expect this to speed up a little bit. :D.

Okay. So, got a lot of pictures, and a video. Most of the pictures should explain themselves, if not i'll caption it. And if that doesn't work. Just ask. :D.

IMG_0844.jpg

First picture is of the whole shotgun assembled.

IMG_0845.jpg

The front end. I wasn't happy with the other one i did so i remade it. ( its got a bit of a gap because i don't have the pins in to secure it.

IMG_0848.jpg

Down the sights. The little bit attached to the sight system is off centre. I'll just hit it with a heat gun and straighten it up. (its glued in with hot glue)

IMG_0849.jpg

The other side.

IMG_0854.jpg

The sights are attached with dowels and soon pins will be put through the dowels to hold it in place.

IMG_0856.jpg

The way the barrels are locked into place. The top one was done by vaselining the dowel that was cut in half, filling the hole i had cut with body filler, pressing it in there and when the filler had set pulled it out, effectively making a housing that fits like a glove. ( i got sick of chipping off tiny little bits until it fitted flush.

IMG_0857.jpg

The barrel system, you might notice the second one down has the sides cut out of it to make a more sqaure shape, this is so it can slide in above the pump and lock in. This will also be pinned through the body of the shotgun.

IMG_0858.jpg

I accidently got a little to zealous with an electric plane on the other pump that i had made, and ended up knocking off way to much wood. So i made another one, which is much more rounder. And i think better overall.

IMG_0859.jpg

The hole that the bottom barrel slots into. I've made it so that the hole is just a little bit to big (half a mil) and gives the pump an easy slide back and forth. (;)). Haha. And hopefully i'll be able to put a spring in there at some point.

Well guys thats all i got at the moment. Still needs a lot of work, pre-dominately just a lot of sanding. But hopefully now that i don't need to study for exams every night that will speed along very quickly. :D.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think, what needs improving, what looks good. I need a second pair of eyes to look at it. :D.

I hope you're enjoying the process, cause i sure am. Learnt many things. Stupid electric plane...

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking awesome. I love the pump action concept, the spring should be easy. And judging from you're other builds this one will be just as epic

Thankyou sir. It going to be hell sanding the damned thing down. :(. Ah well. Thats life. :D.

Look forward to an update. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

IMG_0874.jpg

The shotgun, I’ve done a little extra detailing and sanding. Primed so i can pick out what needs to be done (and hide the patches of bondo)

IMG_0875.jpg

The front end of the gun.

IMG_0876.jpg

Back end, notice the handle.

IMG_0877.jpg

I attempted to achieve the grip seen on other weapons, kind of got it….

IMG_0881.jpg

Me with the gun, just to show you guys a sense of scale. Still covered in bondo dust…

IMG_0888.jpg

Thought those that hadn’t seen how many pieces it breaks down into would like to see it. Everything is attached by dowels and pins. :D.

IMG_0893.jpg

The helmets, having taken a back seat. They’re for sale if anyones interested. :D.

That’s the update for now guys. :D. Tell me what you guys think. Criticism is always welcome.

Cheers, Dave.

It is great work and is just like I would have built it. All of the builders on the 405th are an inspiration to me too.

Yes, you are a bit young to be me, but that is the great thing for you. You are starting on a hobby or profession a lot earlier than me, so you will be a lot better than me by the time you reach my age.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Lee! :D.

Would you change anything or refining anything else on it? My eyes are wearing thing trying to pick up details I've missed. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Try to get a hold of a table saw, it will help you tremendously. Just don't loose any fingers.. I've seen that happen, not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back