Halo Reach Suit (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the left shoulder last night. Didn't take that long since it was only 5 pages. I made it a tiny bit smaller but I'm not sure if I should have. It fits fine but I think it could use a few more cm's. But its done and my printer is out of ink so that stops me from making the right one today... oh well

PhotoDec1014929PM.jpg

PhotoDec1015807PM.jpg

Started and finished the forearm in a couple hours...

fbe4a49c.jpg

61ace033.jpg

does anyone know where to get the hand plate? All the ones I've come across won't download.

Do the extra shoulder protection bits slide on that bicep rod/thingy/whatchimicallit?

Im pretty sure its an optional attachment. Those are standard biceps. I think you don't have to attach them if you plan on using a different shoulder.

Everything is looking great though R8b. Keep up the good work!

dang this looks really great man =D really clean pep
keep up the good work and can't wait to see more progress =D

dang this looks really great man =D really clean pep
keep up the good work and can't wait to see more progress =D

I wouldn't say my pep work is that clean lol but thanks guys

And now to build the left thigh... I scaled it down and hopefully its not too small. I guess I'll know in an hour or so

83150d22.jpg

that will be fun lol so how is the mobility in those suits just wondering

So far these have fit better compared to my first suit. This one is curved and doesn't dig into my body. I'm excited to have something that gives me more movement then a action figure.

Left Thigh is done. The band that raps around the inside is too short but otherwise the outside plate its perfect size. I'll go back and add a few more inches.

2e8a22a9.jpg

f73316ea.jpg

Helllllo! Update!
I found a database of all the reach parts and started working on the pieces more. I've been scaling down most of that parts because they never fit right. I made the shin and knee but guessed how it should fit. It fits but takes a second to get one. When I fiberglass it will be easier after I take off some of the inner lips of the pep. Made the hand plate too.

ad0fd574.jpg

4d13c5da.jpg

ecc753e2.jpg

11c878bd.jpg

Check out my new kicks... kick, only have the one done but overall the left side of the suit it pepped. I think I may start on the cod piece next. Found a better chest piece that may take awhile to do but will fit and look more accurate.

0ef3d937.jpg

f97b36d7.jpg

Loving the pep work mate, especially the tiny folds on that handplate. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

I have a question. I just got done pepping my Hazops helmet(one of the few on the 405th) and there are a lot of detail pieces, aka tiny, miniscule, parts and I was wondering if the other pieces are quite as time consuming? Like the shin/thigh piece.

Honestly... every piece is time consuming. The more detail they have the more time they take. Personally I like doing the harder pieces because the end result is worth it. Accuracy is something I can't get away from, so I put the time in to make it right. Once you get a system down it becomes less of a chore. I spent a lot of time sizing my Halo 4 helmet and it turned out to be 42 pages. Haven't printed them out or started it yet, but that one has countless little ins and outs. In the end it will be worth it, and that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back