Halo Reach Suit (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went out to get a few things, picked up a new dust mask, and finally found foam mats. It was $20, so not that big of a deal, and I started mapping the flat pieces by creating the Reach boot freehand. I plan on using the foam to do the boots, knees, cod, and padding for the chest. Hopefully I have enough and I'll get to work on making the boots soon. I'm excited to work with foam and hope it will be close to the level of some people here on the forum.

7cd2b00d.jpg

6c6088c3.jpg

I started working with foam and it's a difficult, but I'm learning. Constructed a boot then realized the thickness made it look a lot bigger once it was on my shoe. I'll just have to screw it into my shoe to keep it from falling apart once it's painted. Next I moved to smooth cast, hardened the DMR, then the grenadier. I'm almost out of smooth cast but there's enough for maybe one more piece. I should have spent more time on sanding my chest piece and not smoothing out the helmet today. Luckily the helmet is pretty smooth so it shouldn't be that hard to finish quickly. The next thing is to get bondo on most of my pieces and get them ready to be primed. Only 3 more months to go and I've got a ways to go.

92f369eb.jpg

073c4635.jpg

731e5759.jpg

92ad93a8.jpg

I love the Mark IV helmet! It's looking great, and the Bondo work is superb on everything. Your Mark VI paint job is awesome!

I needed a better weapon and what better then the DMR! It took me awhile to do this because I kept putting it off. I finished it a few weeks ago but need to fix the warping before I use smooth cast on it.

e926c745.jpg

ae74378c.jpg
Hey man i followed your build and i have to say you improved yourself alot .

To be honest your first project isnt that detailed but it doesnt mean its bad. i still liked it cos u gave it your own touch !
For this thread i just can say ... wow . and some questions are comming up...

What are you doing with the DMR ?
resining? filling up with rondoe ? tell me im curious since i wanted to do a pep gun too and split it into 3 pieces but i need more ideas.

Well keep up the good work be proud for your improvement !

Hey man i followed your build and i have to say you improved yourself alot .

To be honest your first project isnt that detailed but it doesnt mean its bad. i still liked it cos u gave it your own touch !
For this thread i just can say ... wow . and some questions are comming up...

What are you doing with the DMR ?
resining? filling up with rondoe ? tell me im curious since i wanted to do a pep gun too and split it into 3 pieces but i need more ideas.

Well keep up the good work be proud for your improvement !

Thanks for that man! The reason my first project didn't have a lot of detail was because it was quick to do and I only have a few months to finish before halloween. I'm glad I did it, it was a good learning experience.
So far I used smooth cast on the DMR in 3 pieces. I did the the top part with the score and the barrel separate so I could fill that in. I've been working on my Halo 4 helmet and the Reach suit more then the DMR. That's not on my top priority list right now, so it will be on the side waiting to be worked on more.

Thanks for that man! The reason my first project didn't have a lot of detail was because it was quick to do and I only have a few months to finish before halloween. I'm glad I did it, it was a good learning experience.
So far I used smooth cast on the DMR in 3 pieces. I did the the top part with the score and the barrel separate so I could fill that in. I've been working on my Halo 4 helmet and the Reach suit more then the DMR. That's not on my top priority list right now, so it will be on the side waiting to be worked on more.

I didnt mean that to offense you just to clear that. i just wanted to underline that you improved really much !:) as far as i could see in the forums. i watched you when i wasnt even signed so ;)
But i love it and i guess ill do the gun in 3 pieces then :D
i wish you good luck... i lll need luck for my build too ! :D i guess John 117 has some for me since he has tons of it !

I didnt mean that to offense you just to clear that. i just wanted to underline that you improved really much !:) as far as i could see in the forums. i watched you when i wasnt even signed so ;)
But i love it and i guess ill do the gun in 3 pieces then :D
i wish you good luck... i lll need luck for my build too ! :D i guess John 117 has some for me since he has tons of it !

Lol I wasn't offended, just saying. Thanks though and good luck with your stuff!

So It's been a long time since I posted progress.
Major Update
I finished my suit in time for the Halo 4 launch party at my local GameStop. People were awestruck when I walked up in my suit. That was well worth the amount of time I put into this suit. I finished my MK VI helmet and wore that the whole time and let a friend wear my MK VI. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone waiting for the game. It was pretty cold but the suit kept me really warm. I still have yet to get a good photoshoot with my suit on so all I have are a few pictures from my phone. Hoping to get better photos when the weather is nicer. Here's what I have so far. I also made a photobucket gallery if you want to check out a up to date timeline of what I've done.

Photobucket Build Timeline Gallery

1A4265FB-9691-446E-80A4-EFF18E1C1ADC-11682-000005A089363711.jpg

057FB12F-9761-419B-AFF0-3C54763884B7-11682-0000059EE5D47F44.jpg

AAB3F145-121E-4E83-92A8-4C4CF2866B2F-11682-0000059E4E87F8CE.jpg

94B85640-AB8E-44C7-AE38-6D5E69A5ADF5-11682-0000059E57A8E6AE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back