Halo Short Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

filmstudent

Hi,

I'm currently a film student and for my directing class we have been assigned to do an adaptation of some form of media that already exists. We are instructed to turn this into a 3 and a half minute short film. I was thinking that it would be completely awesome to do a scene from the Halo universe, however, I don't have the means to make the armor and weapons that I would need. I was wondering if there would be anybody who would be willing to let me borrow a few pieces of armor and weapons. I'm trying to keep the production on somewhat of a small, personal side so the idea is to focus on Marines.

Filming starts in about two months for this project and I would love if some people would kindly let me borrow some of their things. I promise safe return for everything and would pay for shipping.

Thanks

If you are truly serious about making a film and not just getting ahold of someone elses costuming/prop work, why not put up your location and ask if anyone can come and be in your film? This is more likely to get a positive response than asking folks to pack up their work and ship it off to someone they don't know.

You also must consider that each person's suit has been scaled to fit them, not you and your friends/actors. Getting a hold of their work isn't necessarily going to help you out at all.

Thanks for the responses.

Well I'm based in the Pittsburgh area to start off. The main problem with asking people to be in the film is that the assignment is supposed to be heavily dependent on the direction of actors so I am supposed to audition and rehearse with them in advance. Although, if anyone who is in the area is interested in helping out, I could definitely work in a cameo role that way they can be on set and won't have to worry about their armor and props being misused, which I can assure anyone, they won't.

In regards to the scale of the armor, I understand that they must be scaled. I was interested to see if people would be willing to help me out with the project in which case I may be able to find either actors who fit the armor or armor that fits the actors.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Any help that you can give me would be sweet. Anyone who helps in anyway will for sure receive a copy of the film and credit for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back