Halo Shortfilm Screenplay Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Knight

I like to write a lot, and one bored afternoon I came up with a screenplay for a short film. I don't have the necessary funds or skills as of current to make this a film, but I was wondering if anyone else could use it, it's not doing me a lot of good right now.
If you want to take a look at it send me your email and I'll send you it. Please this isn't copyrighted or anything, if you want to use it just notify me.
The full thing is down the page. Hope you enjoy it!

Hello, I already have a full length movie script, but i am interested in reading it. If you want me to read it, send an email to sotb@249th.com. Also, if you want to know more about my movie, go to html://249th.com.

Hope to hear from you ;)

Wow, I didn't expect to get a reply that soon! It's great that someone's interested. I don't have all of it on my computer (I wrote it on paper and I'm in the process of typing it onto the computer now. When I get it done I'll send it along. Checking out your project now.

Great, can't wait to read it. For my script you still got to wait ^^ it is highly classifeid atm, only 2 persons on this planet got it :p

Once i am done reading, i can give you some feedback if you like ^^

The feedback will be welcome. Don't know when I'll have it finished typed. It's a rough draft just warning you. And about the secrecy, I've found having secret projects gives you motivation to get it done. Oh, and one more thing, nice Sniper Rifle!

The feedback will be welcome. Don't know when I'll have it finished typed. It's a rough draft just warning you. And about the secrecy, I've found having secret projects gives you motivation to get it done. Oh, and one more thing, nice Sniper Rifle!

Haha, thank you, I have spend much time building that beast. I am used to reading rough drafts, after al, thats what you start with. Do you have any builds? If so, I would love to see them ;)

I have made many paper pepakura models, but I have never made a finished (fiberglass resin bondo paint) project before. I would like to if I were ever to get a hold of the necessary equipment to make them.

Aaah okay, im gonna order my fiberglass and epoxy soon, to finish up my marine suit for the abunai cosplay con in The netherlands :p Post some pics of your pepping, Im curious how it worked out ^^. If you want i can give you tips for that as well :p

Let me know if you received the email. Just so you know I've had others ask about the script. I hope it's alright that I emailed them too.

Let me know if you received the email. Just so you know I've had others ask about the script. I hope it's alright that I emailed them too.

Yeah, i looked into it :p It is quite good ^^ You should post it here :p

And you can send it to whoever you want! It is your script, and you don't need to ask me for permission.

Thanks a lot. This is probably the first thing I've ever shared with anyone other than family/close friends before. I think it would be too long to post, so I think I'll leave the email option for the time being. I can't help but again saying again thank you for the positive review. Good luck with your film!

Thank you ;) btw, we are still looking for teammembers :p if you have a certain set of skills ;) let me know!

Not other than writing, I don't have any way of transportation, and as previously mentioned, haven't made any film grade props before. I am decent in the concept art area (Not Great Decent), oh, by the way I have a finished costume, it was made of paper and reinforced with cardboard, I hope this isn't against the rules to post a picture not relating to the topic but here it is, being worn by my brother for last year's Halloween, you couldn't believe how many comments he got that time! http://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q542/Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales/?action=view&current=2011-10-31163023.jpg

Looks great :D

Concept art, i may have somegood news then :p geuss what we also need ^^ maybe we could discuss this more privatly, i think we are getting pretty much off topic here. Lemme know what you think :p Send me a PM :)

After much debate I've decided to put all of the script up here.

"War & Peace"

written by Seth Lind
405th: Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales
email/contact: seth_montana@yahoo.com

EXT. Outer Space, overlooking Earth.

Muffled Radio Comunications:
"...Red Seal to Aardvark Beta, confirmation of Cobra One requested."

EXT. Empty Fields By Creek. Day

Comunicator, narative:
"...Cobra One... Cobra One come in, Cobra One?"

Smoke rises from a crash site.

Comunicator, narative:
"Cobra One do you read me?"

The comunication cuts out abruptly.

EXT. Bank of Creek.

A quiet small creek lies a little ways away. We see a pile of loose dirt.
Suddenly a thick padded glove reaches up and takes hold.
Next comes the helmet of a SPARTAN, a genetically enhanced human, wearilly he pulls himself up the bank of the creek.

EXT. Creek, from the other bank.

The Spartan crawls wearily across the dirt and trys to get to his feet, but he falls to his knees.

Our vision shifts to the Spartan's vision through his helmet.

He looks from the ground to the sun.

Scene fades white.

Scene cuts.

EXT. Forrest by the Creek.

The forrest is empty, nothing moves. Suddenly a twig breaks near the forrest floor.
Slowly the form of an Elite Ranger fades into view, from where it had been hidden from an invisible cloaking device.
The Elite glances towards a fallen log. Near the log another Elite fades into view.

More twigs break. The two elites turn towards another Elite, this one an Elite Field General. Through the trees he seems to notice something.

The Field General see's a reflection coming from far off.

Elite Field General:
"Spartans..."

The two Elite Rangers exchange glances.

EXT. Field by the Creek

The Spartan begins stumbling along the creek line, we see the dents and scratches in some of his armor plates.

EXT Forrest.

One of the Elite Rangers raise a carbine rifle and aim for the Spartan.

We see the Spartan through the scope of the alien's weopon.

Music: Thematic Classical Violin Music builds.

EXT. Creek.

The Spartan trips and clumsily falls to the ground. A needler from the alien's Carbine soars past him by mere inches.

With near-super human reflexes, the Spartan takes cover in a ditch.

EXT. Creek.

The Field General looks at the failed marksman with disgust.

Field General:
"Advance."

Quickly the two Rangers break through the trees and head towards the unarmed Spartan.

EXT. Creek.

The Spartan glances over the crest of the hill that is his cover. Through his HUD we see the two Elite Rangers coming towards him.

EXT. Fields.

The Elites begin opening fire on the Spartan's position as they draw nearer.

The Spartan jumps from his position and runs across the field, dodging needle shots zinging all around him.

The Spartan slides behind a tree as the Elites continue to fire.

Spartan, to himself, but audible:
"I need a weopon..."

Through the Spartan's visor we see a fallen branch.

We look up at the Spartan's visor.

Spartan:
"Better than nothing."

As his cover begins to be torn to pieces the Spartan jumps out and rushes the nearest Ranger.
The Spartan flings the branch at the Ranger. The blow from the branch does little to the Ranger, but it gives the Spartan enough time to take the Ranger's knife and thrust it into the Ranger's neck.

The other Ranger fires and hits the Spartan across the shoulder, then again at the knee, knocking him to the ground.

The Ranger puts the end of the barrel up to the Spartan's visor.

Elite Ranger:
"Prepare to die!"

Far up in the sky, three pods scream down and crash near them. The impact knocks back the Ranger and the Spartan.

EXT. Empty Field.

Dust is everywhere, kicked up from the Drop Pods. The Spartan looks up and beholds three ODST's (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers), standing in a semi-circle near him.
The middle ODST helps the Spartan to his feet. The Spartan nods in gratification.
As they turn to face the battle a single from a Carbine strikes through the ODST's helmet, killing him instantly.

As the ODST falls the Spartan catches him before he hits the ground.

The Spartan glares downrange at the Elite Field General.

Taking the fallen ODST's SMG the Spartan opens fire on the Field General.

Behind the Field General a squad of Covenant soldiers appear from the forrest and open fire on our heroes. The ODSTs return fire.

Spartan:
"Call in back up!"

The ODST nods and takes up a position where he radios in his position. One of the ODSTs falls mortally wounded.
The Spartan throws down his SMG and activates a device on his belt.

Through the Spartan's HUD we see an icon indicating "SPRINT BOOST"

EXT. DAY. Empty Field.

The Spartan takes off at super human speeds towards the Elite Field General.

Plasma rounds fly by the Spartan and explosion resound to the left and to the right, but the Spartan surges on.

The Field General can't keep the Spartan in his sights so he throws the rifle to the ground and takes out a small handle of a device. The Elite pressess a trigger on the handle and unleashes an energy blade.

We get a view from behind the Elite. Now we can see the UNSC Marines have arrived and are giving the Covenant squadron hellfire.

The Field General roars as more Covenant soldiers pour out of the forrest.

As the Spartan rushes towards the Elite he draws the combat knife he took from the first Ranger.

The Field General prepares to lunge.

The Spartan runs off a bankment and jumps down onto the Elite.

The Field General gores the Spartan through the abdomin with his Energy Sword.

Close up of Spartan's helmet.

The Spartan looks up.

We see that the Spartan's knife is plunged handle deep into the Field General's throat.

The Energy Sword turns off and Spartan falls to the ground, he rolls down the embankment and stops near the water's edge.

EXT. Creekbed

Music and Noise cuts to silence.

The Spartan lies on the ground, a hand on his bleeding wound.

EXT. Empty Field

Explosions are soundless as marines and ODSTs rush past the dying Spartan, engaging the enemy horde.

EXT. Creekbed.

The Spartan looks down near the creek where he sees a small flower. He weakly picks it and clutches it in his hand. The Spartan looks up into the sky.

A sad, but peacefull melody softly drifts to our ears.

We see the sky, the trees, the weeds rustling in the wind.

Close up of the Spartan's hand grasping the flower.

Slowly the Spartan's grip loosens and the flower falls into the stream and is carried away by the current.

FIN

Really I'd appreciate any feed back that you have. Let me know what you think

After much debate I've decided to put all of the script up here.

The Field General gores the Spartan through the abdomin with his Energy Sword.

Close up of Spartan's helmet.

The Spartan looks up.

We see that the Spartan's knife is plunged handle deep into the Field General's throat.

The Energy Sword turns off and Spartan falls to the ground, he rolls down the embankment and stops near the water's edge.

FIN

Really I'd appreciate any feed back that you have. Let me know what you think

ok this was a very well done storry but there are certin facts you need to now about realistic spartan armor

automatic biofoam injectors. With the introduction of the Mark VI, these biofoam injectors have become an integral part of a SPARTAN's ability to function in battle. As a medical gel, it is used to fill and seal wounds automatically, although this process causes extreme pain. However while Biofoam allows a soldier to continue to perform his job without bleeding out, biofoam is only a temporary means of saving a person's life and medical attention must be received soon after before a person suffers more life threatening problems

in addition to this the Neural Interface is implanted on the back of a spartans brain which allows for full control of the suit even after a compleatly removing a limb

my only point here being that the spartian would have walked away

other than that i loved the story. :)

Spartan Weight:

you wouldnt have to take the scene of the ODST helping the spartan up but maybe include the other two helping him to his feet altogether.
A spartan armor itself weighs near a half ton not including the weight of the spartan inside which could add around another 200lbs easily, one normal soldier,even though being an ODST, could not help a Spartan up alone, the fact that the spartan needs help also draws attention to the fact that he cannot pull himself up alone, hence the ODST helping him but that would be more weight for a single ODST to bear alone

Thanks for reading my draft.

To the issue of helping the spartan up, it was more symbolic than literal, Spartan's never need help with anything. The odst's helping him up was a sign they were there to help.

With the issue of the energy sword, think of it cutting through his heart, lungs, and spine. I'm not the know-it-all of Spartans or anything, but he was severely injured before the fight, (note the lost contact) and that the battle was raging and the Spartan was sort of forgotten in the midst of it.

I'm glad that you both liked it. It may be technically flawed, but I tried to give a Spartan an honorable end.

I'm thinking of writing more, I have another one done. Post if you think I should put it up here as well.

Seth

Spartan Weight:

you wouldnt have to take the scene of the ODST helping the spartan up but maybe include the other two helping him to his feet altogether.
A spartan armor itself weighs near a[[half ton]]not including the weight of the spartan inside which could add around another 200lbs easily,

the spartan armor is about 1/2 to 1 inch of titanium so the MJOLNIR Mark VI battlesuit weighs half a ton, or 1000 Lbs and depending on how much armor is actually ther possably more

and as to the energy sword no one really understands how strong a spartans sheilds are the energy sword would have glanced off as would the knife not trying offend you or your storry but it just seems no one gives spartans enough power.

I completely understand. Spartans' strength and durability is inhuman. As I said before, think of little technical difficulties like that to be more for theatrical effect than to promote the precise science of Spartan technology. I have to ask the question again. Do you think I should post my other draft? I'm sure the technical stuff in it you guys will object to, but it makes out Spartan's are invincible (as far as life goes!). Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back