Props Halo Shotgun - Custom Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory serves me correctly Pony, he usually releases it as an .obj and a .3ds. With those 2 formats, one is fully assembled, and one is broken up. I think....
unsure.gif

If my memory serves me correctly Pony, he usually releases it as an .obj and a .3ds. With those 2 formats, one is fully assembled, and one is broken up. I think....

Huh, really? I guess i'm going to have to check the SMG file that I downloaded then.

Thanks,

-Pony

Do you mean, pull the parts away from eachother? Or seperate geometry, because most of it is all seperate geometry, the only problem is that it is modelled for games, so geometry is going through other geometry. So it can be a pain for you guys to pep Lol. And sorry about excesive use of the word geometry lmao.

Here are the final renders, I will release soon.

perspective_final_shotgun_h3.jpg

side_final_shotgun_h3.jpg

flat_render_shotgun_h.jpg

shotgun_h3_wireframe.jpg

h3_shotgun_fp.jpg

I know that is exactly what they are thinking of Martyn. And I see how ya are....making it a pain for pep....kiddin':p . Looks great though man. It would definitely be something that I would want to tackle unfolding, but it would also definitely make for a good 3d model for a scratch build. Cheers man!!

Hunter Jesus Christ! wow. I would luv this shotty mounted on my wall but its too complex to make! Great for a game though which is what your using itfor anyways. Cant wait til your Halo CE map is done. Im currently building you smg, its going pretty well actually

[Read Me]

Do not use attached files for profit purposes, unless you are charging the person extra for postage ;)

Please always give credit to the auther for any use at all.

Auther: Hunter/Martyn Lee Ball

3942 Triangles

[/Read Me]

Download:

obj

3ds

You may struggle to pep this well due to the fact that it was modelled for game use.

Nevertheless, it is still a great model!! Outstanding work yet again Martyn!! It can be unfolded, it may just be a tricky build. Like you said, it isn't necessarily designed for pep, especially with all of the overlapping geometry, but it could be done. Thanks again for the great model!!

mks81 said:
Nevertheless, it is still a great model!! Outstanding work yet again Martyn!! It can be unfolded, it may just be a tricky build. Like you said, it isn't necessarily designed for pep, especially with all of the overlapping geometry, but it could be done. Thanks again for the great model!!

Thank-you, and no problem. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this.

All of your work is just mind blowing including this 1.

I just hope when its assembled we can do all your hard work justice.

carnage said:
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this.

All of your work is just mind blowing including this 1.

I just hope when its assembled we can do all your hard work justice.

how do you open a 3d model so it can be built with pep desinger

hey LOVE this model. i cant unfold to save my life so i was curious if anybody is gonna post up an unfolded version?

i'll be having a go at unfolding it as soon as I get the time ...was just wondering what height to unfold it at.

Also for pepakura it can open a OBJ file

just beginning said:
how do you open a 3d model so it can be built with pep desinger

Simply open pep designer, then open the 3d file that you want. In this case, the weapon has been done in .3ds and .obj, both of which PD can open.

Ok managed to find some more free time today

I've done all I can with this file its a fantastic model but a pain to unfold.

As I previously stated I wasn't sure how big to scale it so I just set it to 15cm in height

If you look closely at the file you will see a few places where you need to be carefull and plan it out in advance such as the barrel and the main body I'd suggest marking and cutting the main body so that you can house the barrel properly. Also the attachments for the light and laser will need to be marked and cut to be able to house them properly.Same goes for the stock and stock connector.

Halo3shotgun.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/1299156...deled_by_WMHUNTERTLS_unfolded_by_Carnage.html

Looks like a good unfold carnage, but in regards to size, you could have checked the wiki for the size.

Thanks mks81

I totally forgot about the wiki ha! folks the size on the Wiki is 20cm or 200mm

still its no biggie folks will can just resize the file anways :)

carnage cheers for the pep version BUT this looks like a motherf***er to build haha. what would be the best way of making this rock solid without the skill of woodwork?

Hi all,

I just reworked this model :) WMHunter, is it OK?

If yes, I woud like to share it there.

If no, I'll just remove the link :)

Now it is all in one piece, all internal crossed geometry is cut and tossed without remorse :)

Now, it's scale is 1:1, so if you unfold it with scale "1" you'll got full scale model. (1239 mm in length as is in Halopedia)

Oh, uh, and there's NO OPEN EDGES! :)

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back