Halo Sign Language Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice :) Put a lot of effort in this, good job.
It always seemed to me that all sign language in Halo books (apart from Spartan smile) is pretty much standard military sign language army forces use nowadays.

LastSpartan said:
I don't think it's the happy face signal. I think you get your 2 fingers in the middle and each one on one side of the mouth. Much quicker IMO.

Much quicker maybe but wrong,Moose is correct. Read the following:

SPARTAN- 044, Anton. He was one of the units best scouts. The two stood there a moment and then Anton moved his hand, making a quick, short gesture with his index and forefinger over the faceplate of his helmet where his mouth would be. That was their signal for a smile – the closest and Spartan got to an emotional outburst. Pg 177 Halo First Strike

Kelly quickly reached out and swiped her two fingers across john’s faceplate. Pg 188 Halo First Strike

Kelly looked over to Linda and drew her two fingers across her helmet in the smile gesture. Linda returned a rare, bare smile to her. Pg 268 Halo First Strike

Index and forefinger....kina self explanatory after that.Funny enough alot of the hand signals used in the book, mimic real world hand signals, they are quite as precise as real world signals but close enough. I know enough of them to make you sick. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Odessa-086 said:
Nice :) Put a lot of effort in this, good job.
It always seemed to me that all sign language in Halo books (apart from Spartan smile) is pretty much standard military sign language army forces use nowadays.

Thanks Odessa-086 There is some truth in what you say. I was in the Army and we did use a lot of pointing and the point at eyes and then an area to get our squad mates to cover an area. But some of the sign language used in the Halo books is unique. That's why I am hopeing to get as many members interested as possible so we can create a 405th usable version.

Evil Taylor said:
Much quicker maybe but wrong,Moose is correct. Read the following:

SPARTAN- 044, Anton. He was one of the units best scouts. The two stood there a moment and then Anton moved his hand, making a quick, short gesture with his index and forefinger over the faceplate of his helmet where his mouth would be. That was their signal for a smile – the closest and Spartan got to an emotional outburst. Pg 177 Halo First Strike

Kelly quickly reached out and swiped her two fingers across john’s faceplate. Pg 188 Halo First Strike

Kelly looked over to Linda and drew her two fingers across her helmet in the smile gesture. Linda returned a rare, bare smile to her. Pg 268 Halo First Strike

Index and forefinger....kina self explanatory after that.Funny enough alot of the hand signals used in the book, mimic real world hand signals, they are quite as precise as real world signals but close enough. I know enough of them to make you sick. :)

Evil Taylor has clearly defined the Spartan smile. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back