Halo talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

halo95

Jr Member
Ok, I dont know if you guys are in the same situation as I am, but your the only one in your house that knows anything about halo. and you love to talk about it, but know one knows what your talking about.

well, your worries are over, you can post here.

Basically I made this thread cause I live in a family of 5 and im the only one that knows anything about halo. I love to talk about it but my family doesnt.

I looked around and didnt see one of these threads already, if there is please dont chew me out. just let me know, and ill have it removed or something. but othre than that, post away!

alright i need a stupid question answered....can you "evade" by doing a barrel roll in REACH?? I think i have seen it in the "fails of the week" on youtube...and well can it be done and if so with a spartan or just an elite??

thanks in advance!!

I'm the same way, (though smaller family). My thing though is, I dont have a 360, let alone any of the games, and have only played Halo CE, 2, 3, and ODST once... and yet I know the most out of anyone I know who are die-hard players; both in-game knowledge and general Halo Universe Lore. lol

I was lucky to get a 360. I did some research and lucky my dad is somewhat of a gamer, he thought it was cool so we got one. I got halo reach for christmas, I was pretty surprised by that, since its so dang expensive.

but dont dont worry about it. Before that I could only play halo at my friends house who lives a 2 hour car drive away from me.

I have the same problem. funny how my mom is a halo fan though, she just doesnt know anything other than shoot to kill.

Has anyone at any point in the entire Halo Reach game seen a whole UNSC Cruiser intact? Not the wrecked hulks in Boneyard i already found them. Im building a UNSC Cruiser as a persaonal side project. Its hard building it to reach specifications with no reach specifications.

not the same situation. family of six. dad, brother, sister, cousins all played all 5 Bungi games. We grew up with it. That's one reason why I am here. If you need something to talk about or questions to ask, just ask me. played all the games except wars, but watched all the cinematics. I also read all the official novels including: Ghosts of onyx, first strike, fall of reach, the cole protocol,contact harvest, and all the stories from halo: evolutions. I am your one stop knowledge base.

and yes, I have a life :p

I have the same problem. funny how my mom is a halo fan though, she just doesnt know anything other than shoot to kill.

Has anyone at any point in the entire Halo Reach game seen a whole UNSC Cruiser intact? Not the wrecked hulks in Boneyard i already found them. Im building a UNSC Cruiser as a persaonal side project. Its hard building it to reach specifications with no reach specifications.
sorry but no I have not. only when the savannah is docked and when that other ship is heading to attack the spire. I have a 3d model (in a sandbox game) of the halo 2 frigate but thats the best I can give ya. I can get any angle shot of it.

I also can get shots of:
the halo 1 and 3 pelicans
h1 Life pod
h3odst drop pod
h2/3 marines
h1/2/3 spartans
h2/odst and 3 hybrid odsts
h1/2 warthog, h1 POA
halo 3 elite
h2/3 grunt
h2/3 jackal
halo 1-3 weapons (human only for halo 3)
h1 longsword
h1 monitor, ring, and sentinel
h1 banshee, wraith, turret, plasma barrier, and ghost
h2 phantom, covenent capitol ship, attack ship (forgot its name), and shadow

yah my family is the same way just not my dad, my stepmom, or my sister but other family members live with me and they all don't know what we are talking about. it is the same way at school, i only have 3 friends out of 23 other friends that know what i am talking about, everyone else has a ps3 and only play black ops

Quote:not the same situation. family of six. dad, brother, sister, cousins all played all 5 Bungi games. We grew up with it. That's one reason why I am here. If you need something to talk about or questions to ask, just ask me. played all the games except wars, but watched all the cinematics. I also read all the official novels including: Ghosts of onyx, first strike, fall of reach, the cole protocol,contact harvest, and all the stories from halo: evolutions. I am your one stop knowledge base. : quote

Ive beaten all the games on legendary except for 3. ive never played halo wars though. I never got into it. And ive read all the book too. I like how the books give it a different perspective.

personally Halo wars had pretty cutscenese which was the only thing cool about it. I never would of played the game if i didnt get it for free. Won it at a microsoft windows 7 demo and he asked everyone what ODST stood for and my hand shot up the instant he finished the question haha. Anyways i played through it and it was pretty "meh" and since no one considered it cannon to the halo universe i wont point out the numerous flaws with its continuity to before Reach. it was just overall bad gameplay and a pretty lacking story.

yeah. i also am one of those people who go by fall of reach events, not reach. reach messed up the entire universe right when i was finally putting it all together. But the books did motivate me to write my own halo book, which i made a thread for on here.

sorry but no I have not. only when the savannah is docked and when that other ship is heading to attack the spire. I have a 3d model (in a sandbox game) of the halo 2 frigate but thats the best I can give ya. I can get any angle shot of it.

I also can get shots of:
the halo 1 and 3 pelicans
h1 Life pod
h3odst drop pod
h2/3 marines
h1/2/3 spartans
h2/odst and 3 hybrid odsts
h1/2 warthog, h1 POA
halo 3 elite
h2/3 grunt
h2/3 jackal
halo 1-3 weapons (human only for halo 3)
h1 longsword
h1 monitor, ring, and sentinel
h1 banshee, wraith, turret, plasma barrier, and ghost
h2 phantom, covenent capitol ship, attack ship (forgot its name), and shadow

Damn, i guess im stuck with the ship wrecks than. If you can could you get a shot of the Halo 2 cruiser Undersection, its a detail i dont have and really need to complete my Halo reach cruiser conversion. Link

Any chance i could get that Life Pod model and texture from you? I've been wanting to build that thing since i first saw it in CE.

I have a question ive been pondering about the last few days. Ive been wondering how a needler might work.

My guess is they use synthetic crystals, so when you run an electric charge through it homes in on a target with with a targeting system in the gun.

either that or there magnetic, one of the two.

Hey guys, im back with computer access again and its kinda sad to see no replies. (please dont take that the wrong way, it's not a popularity contest, I know) So I guess i'll try to start it up again, anyone else as excited for halo 4 as I am?

Hey guys, im back with computer access again and its kinda sad to see no replies. (please dont take that the wrong way, it's not a popularity contest, I know) So I guess i'll try to start it up again, anyone else as excited for halo 4 as I am?

There really was no reason to start up your 1 year old thread again. There are already topics discussing Halo 4.

Im sorry then, I just brought up halo 4 because im excited about it like everyone else. The whole point of my thread is halo talk, so lets not be at each others throat please.

Man I hate to see this thread in its current state. I just found it and think its cool. I too am the only person in my family who knows anything about Halo, but I do have a few friends at school who love it like myself.

Plz people remain calm, plz don't fight cause this is supposed to be a community website not a put down comp.
New topic! - what's up with the elites attacking you in the gameplay trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back