Halo Wars News?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the flood would be here. This sets back before they found the first ring with the flood in it. But it be cool if they where just sent massive waves of mini flood to turn them all =D

It would make no sense :sleep: unless I miss read something.

Yeah but as some people said:

"Well, you see, the Flood manage to open a Plothole in space-time and land on Earth 100 million years before the Halo Wars start.

It's sorta like the whole AvP thing, where somehow Aliens have been on Earth all along."

and

"Gameplay should never be sacrificed for story. I think Yahtzee from ZP said that in the CoD4 review."

Arthraxis said:

"Well, you see, the Flood manage to open a Plothole in space-time and land on Earth 100 million years before the Halo Wars start.

It's sorta like the whole AvP thing, where somehow Aliens have been on Earth all along."

and

"Gameplay should never be sacrificed for story. I think Yahtzee from ZP said that in the CoD4 review."
I can see that they be in hibernation and woke up like avp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and some other commenter said something about there being a catastrophic loss of life due to them and it could not be reported, but I think that'd be making it a bit linear if the events were supposed to pan out like that.

And you never know, maybe there's some random Flood ship floating around space that just happens to land on the planet Halo wars takes place in... It'd be fun to play as the Flood.

While the idea is cool, I hope they don't put the flood in. Seems too much like starcraft... USMC-humans, Covenant-protoss, and the flood would be the zerg. Especially with SC 2 coming out.

Well, since halo wars takes place on reach (unless I'm wrong) and reach had forerunner artifacts, maybe there could be a campaign about a containment facility getting opened up, much like in the games

If they do put them in the game you wouldn't have them in squads. they would just be all over the place which will cost you money, troops, and armor. Also the first ones in the flood side to die will be the walkings air sacs. Once you take out the "sac wave" you will have no problem picking off the bigger ones.

Humungotron said:
While the idea is cool, I hope they don't put the flood in. Seems too much like starcraft... USMC-humans, Covenant-protoss, and the flood would be the zerg. Especially with SC 2 coming out.

was just thinking the same thing about how close it'd be to starcraft. Made me think of a zerg rush of flood infection forms.

then the phrase 'The Gravemind is under attack!' came to mind

volkov said:
Well, since halo wars takes place on reach (unless I'm wrong) and reach had forerunner artifacts, maybe there could be a campaign about a containment facility getting opened up, much like in the games

Definitely not on Reach. This was before the Spartans got shields, right? That's before the Covenant even knew where Reach was.

volkov said:
from what ive heard halo wars will be taking place on the first planet where the humans first make contact, which would be the planet Harvest, as read in the book "Contact Harvest", also if you go to the x-box marketplace on ur 360 and look up halo wars u can download a teaser trailer called "ten long years" that talks about the ten long years it took to take back the planet harvest

Zakk, don't double post. Use the Edit button at the bottom of each of your posts ;)

Nice of you to finally give in and join the 405th BTW. I knew you couldnt resist :p

oops, sorry... and a can resist!.. plus the 501st is better ;).. hey look, i edited it, 4 times... do i get a medal?

Halo Wars is taking effect on several planets from my understanding, and from what I caught at E3 one of the developers flat out said there was no flood, it was merely the dawn of the War between Humans and Covenant, maybe the URF will make an appearance, maybe the Heretics? Thing is we don't know and won't know until the day it comes out, or a week or two before. Besides I don't want flood, it would ruin the story because from my understanding we didn't know anything about the flood until we landed on Installation 04.

Congratuations Commander Scry, I hereby demote you to Private. Then promote you back to Commander, giving you the Honorary 'Edit your damn posts, n00b' Award for learning that double posting is for n00bs, suck-ups and wannabes. Welcome to the 405th, now get to F$#%ing work. (Cracks Whip)

Arthraxis said:

So your'e saying the flood is here on earth right now?
I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!

Keegan said:
So your'e saying the flood is here on earth right now?
I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!
LOL! Funny! My Personal opinion on the flood in Halo Wars might be impossible, because the first recorded Flood sighting in the Halo Timeline was in the Halo 1 Level 343 Guilty Spark, which was in August 2552. If the Flood were in Halo Wars, it would have been recorded then, because the game is a Prologue to the Fall of Reach and Halo 1.

All I'm saying is, it's very unlikely. But you never know!

Congratulations! You have unlocked the Flood as a Playable race!

.....Wait.....Wtf? OMFG YOU CAUSED A TIME PARADOXZ, AHHHHHH

(End of Existence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back