Halo weapon props

Discussion in 'Halo Props' started by PaiganBoi, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Gizinski117

Gizinski117 New Member

What si
    What thickness foam do i use for this

2. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

I used half inch EVA foam mats, 6mm and 2mm craft foam.

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. Voren Marr

Voren Marr

Were you using barge cement for your build?
    Awesome work buddy

4. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

No sir. Not available in store locally. I would have to order it online. I am currently using LePage contact cement.
    I just learned about an online cosplay supplier who has it available and will buy if from them when the times comes.

Dirtdives likes this.
  5. Voren Marr

Voren Marr

Same here. No barge cement available.
    I did watch loads n loads of YouTube videos before beginning and settled on Angelegends process of using Loctite the reinforcing with hot glue

6. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Productive weekend. I was able to finish the thigh plates for my ODST armour and got to work on my weapon a little bit as well! I added some dots for detail on the grips and stock. Then sealed with about 4 coats of 50/50 mix of Modpodge and water. Then two coats of primer then ran out of paint. 20170528_154848.jpg 20170611_183835.jpg

7. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Jr Member

Aw that looks sick. Awesome job :eek:

mblackwell1002 and PaiganBoi like this.
  8. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Wow man thats next level stuff there!

PaiganBoi likes this.
  9. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Thanks! I have been really lazy lately so I haven't done any work on it. Same goes for my ODST armour. Hopefully I can get motivated again and finish this up.
    Bad Paigan! Bad Paigan!

10. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Yes get on this!! How dare you leave something in primer!!! :eek:Just playing sorry I lack patience, especially when it comes to paint :) at least be nice to see this amazing piece in black ;);)

PaiganBoi and mblackwell1002 like this.
  11. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Started painting my SMG today. I don't have any black spray paint so I'm using some black acrylics and painting by hand. Since I am doing by hand, I can only paint one side at a time.
    20170716_172127.jpg

At this point I have one coat all around. Let dry and now have the second coat on one side. I will end up having 3 coats in total.

20170716_172325.jpg
    I'm uploading an image of my magnum here cuz I'm too lazy to dig up the thread that I have for this build. I reworking the paint on this. I really didn't like the paint I used for weathering. It was a silver paint with glittery stuff in it. So I ended up going over it with a thin layer of black to dull out the glitter. Next step to use some Grey's that I bought and weather and highlight the edges.

SI3RRA 117 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  12. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Much better in black (y):)

13. Austin3991

Austin3991

Looks awesome man!

14. NZSpartanz

NZSpartanz New Member

Nice job. Did this one myself, I like some of the detail you added.

PaiganBoi likes this.
  15. Kula

Kula New Member

Great work

16. HaloHunterChief

HaloHunterChief

absolutely stunning

PaiganBoi likes this.
  17. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Thank you kind sir. Still not done with it. Need to detail and weather it.

18. HaloHunterChief

HaloHunterChief

i'd wish u luck but I know either way it's going to look amazing...
    but anyway good luck

PaiganBoi likes this.
  19. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Instead of starting new threads for every Halo weapon prop I make I am going to dump everything into my SMG thread (which still needs a finished paint job), which has been renamed.
    If you have been following my Project Mini Chief thread, the armour is finished but, my son doesn't have a weapon. I've downloaded the foam files for the H3 assault rifle from the Armoury. It seems the files are for a foam board build. I will try to do the build out of EVA foam. As far as progress goes I've had to edit the file slightly on Armorsmith by simplifying the amount of templates by joining some together to lessen the amount of cutting out I would have to do. I also scaled the AR down by 15% so it wouldn't look like some honking cannon in my son's hands.
    20171028_220140.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    HaloHunterChief likes this.
  20. HaloHunterChief

HaloHunterChief

Sweet bro im making an assault rifle too but its my first time so maybe I can get some tips from this

21. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

20171029_210138.jpg
    Decisions decisions... Should I follow the templates and have 12 layers of 6mm foam and have to deal with filling in all the areas that should be smooth instead of having that weired staircase look. Or should I use roughly 6 layers of 1/2 and have to carve off the excess foam to get the right shape and slope at the front of the rifle and around the grip.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  22. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

I think you should go freehand with the front of the weapon. Or you can shoot me the model with some dimensions and I can model an easy attachment on there, If that helps at all. :)

23. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Thanks for the offer.
    I'm gonna see what I can do freehanding the front or Frankenstein these templates with the AndrewDFT AR templates that I have as well.
    If that doesn't work I may hit you up for help.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  24. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Okay... Finally got off my lazy butt and started the assault rifle. I scrapped the previous templates and opted for AndrewDFT's templates and modified it slightly. I added a removable clip. Surprisingly I got a lot of work done today. 20171118_173610.jpg 20171118_174750.jpg 20171118_182730.jpg 20171119_002505.jpg

25. HaloHunterChief

HaloHunterChief

ya i know if u spend like two hours straight just focusing that foam weapon u can get a lot done although I also do suffer from that lazy butt syndrome and still haven't finished my assault rifle
    looks great so far bro keep it goin