Props Halo weapon props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... Hmmmm... I haven't touched my SMG in a very long time. The last time I worked on it I just painted it a simple black. I picked it up again and decided to give it two tone look to match the Assault rifle that I recently finished.
20180602_000910.jpg
20180602_002826.jpg

Last edited:
Making more props. Made a couple of H3 combat knives for my ODST and my son's Mk VI MJOLNIR armour. The knife templates are from the Armoury and the sheath is made from scratch. I added 2mm foam on either side on the handle to thicken it up so it would fit in my hand better and google eyes to simulate pins in the handle.
20180811_011529.jpg
20180811_125212.jpg
20180811_142533.jpg

20180813_225938.jpg

Wanted to have a dull matte look to the combat stabby thingies. So I painted them without a primer. Seen above is one coat. Will have to do another one. The pores in the foam are a little too noticeable.

One of my first posts here when I joined was of AndrewDFT's silenced magnum. I followed his tuts and assembled it his way. I have decided to rebuild it. The old one just doesn't look very good and the way DFT did it is extremely simple and he did things that were unnecessary. So using his templates I am assembling it differently and will try to add more detail.
20180819_003346.jpg
20180819_022056.jpg

Last edited:
You and your tons of time to work on your stuff. What is your secret??
Lol. I don't have that much time. It's called staying up late on a Saturday night. I dont start working on this until everyone is in bed. I was up until 2 am planning and cutting. I assembled most of it today.
20180819_142035.jpg

This is what I have gotten done today. Most of it still needsto be glued together.

Oh man that's late but the gun looks awesome! Would you want to remake an SMG in the future with all the moving parts like you wanted to have for the existing one?

I was up till 1:30 last night and I had started to crash around 12:45 and my hands were beginning to feel like rubber when I was cutting out foam.

...that sensation brought back unpleasant memories of college....

Oh man that's late but the gun looks awesome! Would you want to remake an SMG in the future with all the moving parts like you wanted to have for the existing one?

I was up till 1:30 last night and I had started to crash around 12:45 and my hands were beginning to feel like rubber when I was cutting out foam.

...that sensation brought back unpleasant memories of college....
Yes. It's been on my mind but, I will save it for another time.

My only question for both versions of your build is where are the rectangle slots on the back of the gun?
I know they are in the dft template so maybe I just can't see them in the pic but just wanted to point it out.

My only question for both versions of your build is where are the rectangle slots on the back of the gun?
I know they are in the dft template so maybe I just can't see them in the pic but just wanted to point it out.
On Ver.1 they are there. They ended up getting filled in when I sealed it with Modpodge and then paint. On Ver. 2, I haven't put them in yet.

Normally the Mag would be attached to the thigh via magnets. I don't have anymore on hand and I don't have money to grab some more. Solution? Make a holster and strap it to my thigh! Hopfully this works. Will have to make it from scratch and I will have to look at plenty of photos on how real life gun holsters look.

Had to make some end caps for the SMG and AR.
20180827_141949.jpg

Then I made an attempt at some sort of holster for my M6C/SOCOM... This thing is hideous! Blah. :sick::sick::sick::sick:
20180827_141358.jpg

20180827_141411.jpg

I may just hold off painting the side arm until I can get more magnets. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

It isn't hideous. I like it. What I don't like is the stupid magnum doesn't have a trigger guard. If you took your holster and reduced the amount of coverage on the bottom near the palm of your hand, then added detail foam on it, you'd be set.

Last edited:
It isn't hideous. I like it. What I don't like is the stupid magnum giant have a trigger guard. If you took your holster and reduced the amount of coverage on the bottom near the palm of your hand, turn added detail foam on it, you'd be set.
Thanks for the suggestion Sean Anwalt.
Did some surgery on the holster.
20180827_161126.jpg

Pulled it in some. Now I need to figure out what kind greebles and detail to add so it doesnt look so much like a box. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back