Halo weapon props

Discussion in 'Halo Props' started by PaiganBoi, Feb 12, 2017.

1. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

General assembly is complete. Now I just need to go over some parts with my rotary tool and add the barrel and details with 2mm foam and some scoring.
    20171119_215256.jpg 20171119_215244.jpg

SI3RRA 117 and HaloHunterChief like this.
  2. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Nice this looks like it’s coming along great! Look forward to see more progress

3. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

PaiganBoi looks great so far.....I've use foam for 1 prop weapon......not really a fan as it's a bit flimsy......even with the wood dowel to stiffen it up a bit. But again.....looks awesome!!!

4. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

I understand where you are coming from. Surprisingly my build isn't flimsy. I tried giving it a shake and it didn't flex. It may a combination of having a 1/2 inch dowel in the centre. The core is 3 layers of half inch foam mats. Then a layer on each side of 6 mm foam that is denser than the mats.

5. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Worked on the AR a little bit tonight. Started on some details.
    20171122_220230.jpg
    Rounded out the grip so isn't so blocky and would fit my son's tiny little hands a little better.
    20171122_220244.jpg
    I also tried my hot knife for the first time to do the scoring details... As seen in the pics... My hands are not as steady as they should be. Even with the aid of a ruler. Lol.
    20171122_220318.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Density of foam is the key here. I have had a wide variety of densities in floor mat packs and now I've started to find a few different ones that I like for different purposes. The Canadian Tire black puzzle mats in the automotive section are by far the toughest I've found and are great for thin, overhanging detail pieces such as visor brims or thin objects such as knives.

7. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

Those look really awesome. I hope I will be able to make stuff that well, or at least close

PaiganBoi likes this.