Halo3 crashing 360s

Status
Not open for further replies.
flying_squirl said:
ive gotten 'the halo 3 blue screen of death' a few times. i hav a vid if you'd like to see. its kinda funky.
[/

I would like to see...

Man this sucks I enjoy it but its not worth my 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know anything about that Lawsuit anymore? I lost track of it.

It doesn't necessarily kill your 360. It's as Sean said, Halo 3 just works the system rather hard and under the wrong conditions, the 360 will most likely start working improperly.

I've said this before, but I've had my 360 near 2 yrs now and the worst that I get is a hard-drive failure error occasionally, which is fixed with by turning it off then back on.

I believe any system you use will not last forever(NES for example). Systems such as these are designed to have a time limit on their usage. The question is, "How long is that?" Only Microsoft knows for sure, but if they went around telling everyone no one would buy anything knowing its going to fail no matter what. Proper care and use will prolong the life of any kind of hardware.

These types of things are the reason we change our oil in our cars and other maintenance.

Product failure is always taken into consideration when designing something. It's also known as the Factor of Safety(or FOS) to engineers and designers. It all involves stress analysis, evironmental conditions, and many other factors. Check this out if you're interested about this stuff. It's more for the structural side of engineering, but this really applies to just about everything that's made and used in our everyday lives. Click - Limit State Design

The short version - you take risks buying anything and everything, but usually something serves it's purpose before it fails/breaks/quits working.

-Magnum

If you read that Kotaku article that I linked, it's an interview with an anonymous insider from Microsoft talking about how they knew the 360 had a high failure rate, but the exec's just said to ship it and try to improve over time. With those kinds of leaks out there, I have to imagine that the lawsuit is going to see it's day in court.

MS has lost 4 Billion on the X box alone, but they don't seem to care. From what I hear it's worth it to them to try to get a leg up on Sony in the videogame industry.

Sean Bradley said:
If you read that Kotaku article that I linked, it's an interview with an anonymous insider from Microsoft talking about how they knew the 360 had a high failure rate, but the exec's just said to ship it and try to improve over time. With those kinds of leaks out there, I have to imagine that the lawsuit is going to see it's day in court.

MS has lost 4 Billion on the X box alone, but they don't seem to care. From what I hear it's worth it to them to try to get a leg up on Sony in the videogame industry.
I looked over it this time.
Unfortunately, this happens quite often in big industry companies. The "ship now, fix later" philosophy in QA is used often when big yields are expected and the "higher ups" want to put out a product faster than their competitors. The odd thing is of course that MS is actually losing money on the systems. The games are supposed to make up for it, but do they really make up for their systems being sub par that much? I know in the long run they should, but only if people have the working systems to play them on. :unsure:

If MS doesn't care about throwing away money, I'd say let them. As long as they give most of us want we want, they'll never have to worry about losing out in the gaming industry. For now, I'm satisfied my 360 still works.

Sean Bradley said:

Well I' read that and a few other articles and all i can say is i cant stop playin H3.lol
I really hope it dont send my 360 into oblivion, But as far as it looks not to many people are suffering major damages (complete 360 failior) and the covenant must suffer.
I guess all I can do if it does is try and get a replacement.
I doubt anybody would get more money than the system is worth and I agree with Flyin Squirrel sayin they should replace the 360 and give free XBL I think that would compensatefor anger and precious gaming time lost.

The lawsuit will indeed see its day in court.And of course all systems will die after a while.in the first 2 years of PS2 I went through 4 of them. But I still have an NES SNES N64 and PS2 that still works does so because I dont play it lol

Ok I think someone here jinxed me. Maybe it was myself. Guess who got the RROD? That's right, I did.

But now I finally have a reason to get a new Elite system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back