Props Halo4 Type-25 Directed energy Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

alix965

I've haven't always liked the Plasma Pistol. The CE version was not much more than two blue and orange bananas attached ying-yang style in the middle by what looks to be an ak47 type...get this...a banana clip! So I kinda ignored it. the subsequent halo permutations didin't offer much in the way of style and design changes,none that I could see, anyway, but while defending Reach from those sneaky alien bastids, I noticed something. Bannana Gun actually looked DANGEROUS!

So while I fought, in vain, for my life digital SPARTAN life, I took another look at the Mighty M6's covie counterpart and thought it would be a good gun for someone with my sophomoric skillz at prop making, to attempt. Then Halo 4 came out and I was convinced she was the one for me. Some of you will notice that she's not totally screen accurate, but I took what I thought to be the best of the Reach and H4 versions and put them in one place. So there we have it, my second real try at a prop weapon. Some of you may have seen her on FB, but here she is where she belongs.
IMG_2440_zps91ee22e5.jpg
IMG_2441_zpsd534b5c6.jpg
IMG_2442_zpsd8f62822.jpg
IMG_2446_zps09c30e90.jpg

looks sweet! you definitely took the best of both worlds from halo 4 and halo reach and made an amazing piece! hope more pics are to come xD

Great work so far Alix, good to see you back here. Should be amazing when it's finished.

Thank you for the compliments my fellow 405thers. It certainly is good to be back. Funny story, I have pics of this completed this project already, but by the time I uploaded all my pics to photobucket, I fell asleep. I am damn old.
IMG_2538_zps2f5e4607.jpg
IMG_2544_zpsceef36e8.jpg
IMG_2657_zpsb5309c14.jpg
f8c56235-aa77-406a-8864-19e85aceada8_zps52dfb0eb.jpgIMG_2715_zps418c0f04.jpg
IMG_2713_zps295367d4.jpg
I used a band aid with a hex patterned cotton section dipped in flat purple paint to stamped in and suggest that honeycomb effect that the covie weapons have.

I tried several new things while the forums were undergoing changes. A lot of those things failed miserably. I'll be sure to post those fails here for your collective enjoyment.

I love the completed piece! Looks magnificent! I can't wait for those fails, that I can get a good kick out of xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back