Halods's Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloDS

Hey 405th. I'm a noob. I admit it, ok?!? Anyway, I'm making a full suit of ODST armor, and thanks to the posts below, I now know how to use fiberglass. I still need help with the whole "body filler" thing... Oh well though. I'll figure it out with assistance from other users.

[attachment=11189:629488.jpg]

[attachment=11191:pICT0835.JPG]

Here's the chestplate. How'd I do?

[attachment=11192:pICT0837.JPG]

Here's an ammo pack.

[attachment=11317:pICT0839.JPG]

I painted my True Heroes Plasma Blaster. Note the PVC pipe replacing the bulky orange tip. Only $15 at Toys R Us.

[attachment=11318:pICT0840.JPG]

Here's a view of the "barrel" and flashlight. Excuse the bit of green... I couldn't paint in there...

You apply fiberglass resin on the outside, and fiberglass resin with fiberglass cloth or matting on the inside.

welcome, read all the stickies... ALL OF THEM.

once you read all of those, and if you still have a question PM a QA member. you can identify them by their sigs, also there is a thread with all QA members listed with their specialties.

bobbio555 said:
You apply fiberglass resin on the outside, and fiberglass resin with fiberglass cloth or matting on the inside.

Ok. Thanks. Hey, how much does fiberglass usually cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
8 sq feet of Fiberglass Mat is about $6 at your local Autozone.

1 qt of the Resin is around $14

But if you read the stickies like DreadMullet pointed out you will find that there are several diff methods of reinforcing your piece on the inside that you may prefer over another.

Well, I'm going to stick with the basic method for now. After all, it is my first suit. I'm off to AutoZone!

Im going to point out the common phrase here... Read your stickies and understand what your doing. Bondo is a body filler that can be picked up at any walmart or Lowes or Home depot. Its relitively cheap and you need it for finer detailing of the armor...

Good Luck and Cheers!

Chris Gold

Bondo is technically just a brand name since they make Bodyfiller,fiberglass resin,and other stuff,but "bondo" aka body filler is used to smooth out surfaces that a meant to be smooth,its also used (if u have a dremel tool) to detail

go to walmart, its cheaper

I personally like the clothe type, less messier. Oh one key thing, you sound relatively new and i hope you are aware that liquid resin is toxic. You will need a respirator and somewhere with plenty ventalation to keep the fumes from concerntrating (not in your house).

its cool, i was pretty confused to when i got into all this. Like stated before, bondo is brand. Body filler is sorta like really really soft clay which will harden after you add the gel handner, you spread it over surfaces so you can smoothen them with sand papper.

Ok. So what you're saying is, once that step comes around, is spread the body filler on the outside of the armor, and then I can use it to add details?

Yep, you spread the Bondo body filler on the outside of the armour pice.

Just remember, read all of the stickies, read the tutorials I sent you the links to in a PM, and apply the bondo in thin, even layers.

Good luck!

Sir, I don't understand. It has been said very politely that any info you want can be found in the stickies, including info you don't know you need yet. But instead you seem to think that everyone here is out to get you. These questions have been answered in step-by-step guides laid out by very generous and talented people. Why insist on not looking at the stickies? Hell, a lot of the things you are asking by be found by skim reading the headlines out of the stickies! And if I am not mistaken there are two sizing stickies. You have been helped a lot and given the materials to help yourself.

These "stickies" that everyone is referring to are the threads that are located at the top of a forum. If you look to the left of a title, there will be a white box and it says "sticky". This usually means that the post has been dubbed important and you should read that for further guidance, help and tutorials for what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back