Hand Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox

Jr Member
Ok i've run into a small snag in my costume and the handplates aren't coming up to scale using my scale size any ideas other than just keep trying by adding or subtracting sizes. For one the handplate is too small using my scale and i dont feel like doing all of this math to just keep screwing up.....yes.....i'm lazy

well for the time being i've only pepped the shoulders but all in due time. I'm just wondering what scales anyone else used like another equation rather than the one used to find your scale

i just realized your name was Skyfox. lol
welcome to the forums!

hmmmmm. well I only know of the one equation on the scaling thread. other than that I think the only way to do it is trial-and-error. i havent completed a suit so I'm no expert, but if the shoulders seem right then I'm not sure what the problem is. in general people start with the torso since That is one of the most important pieces and then scale the other pieces to match.
the equation isnt going to exactly fit everyone, everyone is different.
hopefully someone more knowledgeable has a better answer for you.
good luck!

Well thanks alot for your help and hopefully i'll be able to find it out. Now all we need to find is a Skywoman and this little group will be complete lol

Hi Mate,

for me, hand plates had to be scaled down 3 digits to get it to fit right on my ridiculously small hands.

I find the best way to scale things is to tape measure the said body part and then input digits roughly into the pep program until close enough measurements show up on the bottom right of the screen

I'm using Robogenisis files, so when I'm scaling against Master Chiefs 86" height, I am a 73 for most things, but for hand plates I'm only 70.

Hope that made at least a tiny bit of sense...

Measure from the top of the knuckle to the base of your hand - not the wristbone. Transfer that measurement in cm over and you should have it.

It's a bad idea to use one scale from your set to build your armor in - some people have larger, or smaller body sizes, and it's impossible that the rest of your body is going to fit the scale you used for, say, your torso. Scale each part individually.

spartanx360 said:
i scaled it down to: height = 2.7 cm, width = 10.2 cm and depth 11.9 cm
my hands are around 8X9 cm

yep, just multiply that length measurement by 10 in order to get from cm to mm and type that into the part length in pep. then print and it should take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Pepakura works in CM, not MM. Converting to MM would... well, unless you have a foetus that wants MJOLNIR armor, you'll need to work in CM.

Ral Partha said:
He's probably referring to Pepakura Designer 3. It uses mm units now.

yep, Pep3 is mm only. I'm used to it though cuz of my CAD work, sometimes it's easier to work in mm than typing in 0.0056788535 inches for a measurement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back