Harbor Freight Tools (FOAM SALE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightHawk

In no means am I trying to promote or represent the store. Just trying to save people some money especially new recruits I have bought some gold gym foam for 24sq ft for 20$ and I was just going to use to try out foam armor. I read http://www.405th.com/f19/spacemeats-guide-foam-armor-42193/?highlight=spacemeat and there was talk of foam at Harbor Freight Tools foam 17sq feet and having coupons and having sales as well.

Currently they are having a sale on 17sq feet of foam for 6.99$. Totally worth it I bought four packs of it.

The gold gym foam is iffy pretty rigid and hard to cut.

The Harbor Freight Tools foam I have worked with and it is quite workable and in the link above it the gentlemen suggests using it and works just as well as most other foams. I actually have been using my xacto knife to cut the foam and it does the job and have had clean cuts with it. Also the foam is fairly workable and haven't had any issues.

Only negative issue I've heard about cheap HF foam is that it often has more air bubbles in than the better stuff. They shouldn't significantly impact a build, but will take time to fill before painting.

I've always got my foam ONLY from Harbor Freight and never really had any problems. :) ^_^

Only negative issue I've heard about cheap HF foam is that it often has more air bubbles in than the better stuff. They shouldn't significantly impact a build, but will take time to fill before painting.

A bud of mine who is very artsy fartsy he told me there are so many ways to fill holes when doing props it is just a matter of finding what to stuff it with. I remember asking him about building foam and most of the time he says paint will got right over it or primer. And if you use Plasti dip he said it shouldn't be an issue, I mentioned to him I have a very large quantity of clay "air dry" he said that would work to fill in minor holes especially if you fill it right.

But With HF foam it isn't that bad really it does have some holes scattered throughout and they are small in size most of them is similar in size if you were to take a tack and stab the foam. There are some holes maybe like half the size of the head of a needle pin. Other than that it seems really good ill take some pictures and post em. But for 7.00$ for 17 sq feet you really can't beat the price especially for new people just wanting to try out some foam.

If I'm not mistaken, check out Evakuras threads. Preferably his thread with the Halo 4 undersuit. Some where in there, is a list of his trial, and error solutions concerning that particular issue with pin holes in foam.

I bought a couple packs of it awhile ago for the same price, on-sale. So I think they have them on discount quite a lot.

I haven't really built anything with it yet , but it looks like great stuff! especially for the price. So I don't have any problems with it yet.

I know my husband and I do all of our builds to date out of Harbor Frieght foam. We have found a few holes, but nothing serious enough to worry about.

One option to hide bigger damage is to disquise it as battle damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back