Harry Potter Book sells 8.3 million in 24 hours in US ALONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3402498

It is the richest going-away party in history.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the seventh and final volume of J.K. Rowling's all-conquering fantasy series, sold a mountainous 8.3 million copies in its first 24 hours on sale in the United States, according to Scholastic Inc.
Related Stories

No other book, not even any of the six previous Potters, has been so desired, so quickly. "Deathly Hallows" averaged more than 300,000 copies in sales per hour more than 5,000 a minute. The $34.99 book, even allowing for discounts, generated far more revenue than the opening weekend of the latest Potter movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," which came out July 10.

I don't read HP, but wow. No Wonder Rowling is a billionaire.

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder indeed....I've read the other books, but I'll probably wait a while before I pick up the last one. At this point, I'm just ready to finish the story. I'm not really a fan anymore, havn't been for four/five years now...

I picked up a copy at walmart Saturday b/c after reading them since the first one came out when I was in fifth grade, I want to see how it ends. They were just sitting there and I thought to myself, considering the hype, why are they not sold out? But for $17.85 I just shrugged and grabbed it.

Still haven't started reading it though...

That's the last money she'll get out of me. hehe

yeah, well "I Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" did better in the box office than the harry potter "movie"

No wonder, it's based off the book in the series that's about 60 pages of plot and 530 pages of filler. Plus with the new book out and the series ended, you'de expect box office sales to go down.

lol I was at barnes anbd noble for 14 hours all dresses up as a deth eater<i had the tattoo and all...we were first in line lol.It was fun.Read books all day lol.

err the movies arent as good as the books, the order of the phoenix book was way better thant he movie they left out a bunch about the order, even well i guess they cant have a liek 8 hour movie :p . hmm i was one of those 8 million book buyers, i went to the store at like 10 or 10:30 and stayed till like 1 or 1:30 to get the book and i havent even started reading it lol!!!! my brother has it :p

Well Harry Potter is by far one of the most popular series. I guess its because it involves magic, and when we were young we wished we all could do magic or do things we would see on saturady morning cartoons.

arry potter is too big of a baby. but i guess that would be kind of realistic. i sure as hell wouldnt want to be at the center of attention w/ some crazy evil guy like voldemort coming after me. but he still is a baby

The books are good reads. I actually just finish number 7. Sadly, the ending was ruined for me a mere 3 hours after its release.

Story time: it was actually ruined by someone who hacked into a member on here's screenname on AIM. I got a chat request by this guy and accepted thinking it was going to be a group of MA.com members but it was just some guy typing the ending over and over. I'm not going to say which member it is but don't worry bro, I know it wasn't your fault.

Redsleighdown said:
The books are good reads. I actually just finish number 7. Sadly, the ending was ruined for me a mere 3 hours after its release.

Story time: it was actually ruined by someone who hacked into a member on here's screenname on AIM. I got a chat request by this guy and accepted thinking it was going to be a group of MA.com members but it was just some guy typing the ending over and over. I'm not going to say which member it is but don't worry bro, I know it wasn't your fault.
Oh wow that sucks.... Yeah I thought the Deathly Hollows was the best book in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay let me rephrase that.. the only books (more than 20 pages) ive read.. (outside of school) are the halo books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back