Hashey's ODST build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashey

Well, here we are. First time posting images of my first build. Visited this site a while back, but now I decided to go ahead, join up and start my own armor.

Seeing as I've never had any experience with making armor or any other sort of models, I started by reading some of the topics for me being the noob I am. I learned a lot from that to start off with and decided to check up on several of other people's projects first for any additional info/tips. After that it was time for me to start working.

As I live in the Netherlands(Europe, yaaaay!), it was not super difficult to get some of the stuff used for all this. The only thing that might become something of an issue is to find the fiberglass/resin. We don't have stores like WalMart over here which is just a giant we-have-all-this-stuff-kinda store. Nonetheless, I think I will be able to find it at one of the local DIY stores.

For my project I chose the ODST armor(Hugh's models) because ODST's are just badass soldiers. Probably has something to do aswell with the drop scene from the start of Halo: ODST. Lots of people here have been doing Spartan armor and if I ever manage to visit a con in the US with my armor, I think it would be more cooler for the army of Spartans there to have some badass ODST backup hehe.

To start it off, here are some pictures of what I managed to do so far.

img0144lo.jpg

img0145lv.jpg

img0146zc.jpg

I haven't glued the pieces together yet, but should hope to do that soon.

Looking good! I'll keep an eye over here...

You should be able to find any kind of resin, fibreglass and body filler at a local auto repair store, not too hard to find I hope.

Thanks GuitarMaster.

I'll probably be able to find it. I got a couple of auto repair stores around here. Else I could ask my neighbour, he's usually the one to fix my car if there's anything wrong with it haha.

MASKANJEEEE xD

hey and welcome... your pep work is good so far :) keep it up ... ill also follow this thread

spes 256

oh dear... xD

I take it you've seen the New Kids movies then. Most of the stuff they filmed was actually shot in a town like 10/15 min away by car from my town. People kept stealing the town name plates because of those movies, so they decided to remove them for a while haha.

Small update.

Managed to get the backside of the helm done and just hooked it up with paper clips to see how it looked.

img0147qu.jpg

Is it normal for the pieces to have somewhat of gaps in between them because of not being able to perfectly cut it? xD

Looks like you're off to a pretty good start. From what I can tell, the pep looks nice and clean. Keep it up!

Thanks guys. I've not been doing it for the last 3 days or so because I kept getting headaches after a while for some reason. Will try to get some more going pretty soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back