Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
same general thing applies. Sometimes looking at a chief pic helps (I assume your making the chief) so you know where to start measuring from. The pieces do need to be a bit big so they can be put on. I made the mistake of making my brother a mark V that was exactly the same size as his head, and I mean exactly, and it didn't come close to fitting. Try scaling the mark five armor parts to get a feel for it, if you have some extra cardstock (use the back of the pages of stuff you found out was too small) cause mark V is real good and easy.

ye. but i dont know in what size to print the armor drawings.

if anyone can help me semd me e-mail on "lovro_16@hotmail.com"

tell me if im wrong . these are the steps :you print drawings,cut them,glue with aqua resin,w8 to dry,paint it,and fit to your body.(if i am wrong please write steps)

tell me if im wrong . these are the steps :you print drawings,cut them,glue with aqua resin,w8 to dry,paint it,and fit to your body.(if i am wrong please write steps)

scale in the pepakura program using the scale function, then print, then cut, then glue the pieces together with normal glue/superglue/hotglue (whatever you prefer), then coat with resin at least twice, then harden with fiberglass or body filler, then sand to smooth the polygons out, then paint, then wear

:)

Hi ,

i just wanted to ask a quick question about what to do next , if there are already threads about it , i can only say sorry...

basically can anyone give me some overall steps to cover , even if its a link to an appropriate Thread...

i have my Pep files on the computer and was wondering what size to print , what materials i use , im guessing its card or something... yea i can see the above post explains this but how do i scale to the right size?

2nd Question is can i use injection moulding after i have created a mold , as my family owns a injection molding company... i would put all details and paints on after.

Thanks in advance for your help

got one built and wondering the best way to proceed

Built a nice pep ODST helmet and loving the look of it.
toying with Rondo, Bondo, and such already (Have it resined and glassed (inside) though i question if i mixed it right :/ )
my stupid question of the day is whats the best way to proceed for a new trying to get the good roundness this thing deserves?
Rondo kinda came off at some parts in almost a rubbery peel, and i can't for the life of me understand the bondo instructions for the mix so i half wonder if i'm getting them wrong :p

i've read th tutorials on both subjects but they aren't very informative for a total newbie to the situation, they just give a bare basic level of "do this" and drop the rest on the readers shoulders :/ on how to proceed further (such as rondo on round or smoother surfaces).

i'd pop a pick if i knew how, but since i don't i'll shutup and bug off hoping don't get shot at.

ok, a few here, first of though, im from the UK which has many problems, such as its always cold (resin wont cure) and i still live with my mum (so she wont let me rein indoor and stink the house out for day)

progress for me has been slow, after 5 pep attempts of the torso, 2 for both the forearms and rerebrace, and a completely messed up eva helm, i kind of lost interenst, so have been at it for over half a year, with only a few things pepped and resined.

my questions are:
- is there any way for another, affordable, way to strengthen armour (not glue gun method)
- what can i use to make my armour smooth, (in USA (and Australia (i think?)) there is bondo, which is alot cheaper than the UK version) i have tried polly filla but after 4 days sanding, and still a rough finish, what should i do. all i can think of is to have a "thich" layer of polyfila or other wall filler, then a very thin layer a car body filler, or another of resin, would that work?
- what is the best matherial for under armour, that looks authentic, yet is easy to work. i am good with a needle and thread, but i dont want to be digging into leather.
- how to do your boots? the problem i have is the low res pep (which i have used for all of them) is almost too low res and makes walking really difficult, any sugestions.
- what is the best way to make a weapon, cardboard, MDF and paper mash / more fibre glass

thats it! and P.S. i dont know whether to love or hate the 405th waypoint stuff, it got me back on track with my armour, but also it means that there will be more noobs, so there will be less time for people to sort out the biggest, and longest running noob, ME!

@0235

im in the same situation as you , proplems with resin , bondo/ polly filler , UK , Parents

but one thing i can help with is the under armour and thought i could give you a basic idea as to use ...

it depends on what you want ... comfort or realism.

I used a sort of wetsuit/ rubber thermal suit and I brought two of these , plain black , one was purely to cut up and stitch on extra pieces on to the other ... I also added some padding around the crotch area and neck .
it sort of feels like a motorbike jacket :L ...
Oh btw it isn't one of those super tight ones it is a nice fit one, tight but loose at the same time...
usually it would be worn under clothes anyway so it shouldnt irritate the skin, well it hasn't yet :L

as for comfort i havent been there yet :L

hope i helped slighty,

and know i need to find answers to my questions :L

This is my first post and I have a serious question to ask. I have downloaded the pepakura program for my computer but it seems my computer dosen't have the right drivers to read .pdo files. So basicly I can't download the armor I want to use. What i'm asking is if anyone knows what I need to do to fix this please help me. Also if there is another way in which I can get the files please let me know.

@UKjamieTUK, thanks, i was worried most about the under armour, and never though about having a basic under layer, which you then attach realistic looking stuff to,

Arbalust, when you download a .pdo, use the pepakura program to open the files, if it still dosent work, then i cant help you.

No problem 0235

I have a quick question as well , what paper is best for Peps , I done a few practices with normal paper , and a Helmet with a Paper/card , but I cant remember what kind of paper ( weight ) to use , as i only started creating my armour last month after about a year... ..

I think it was something like 110lb? or something , i don't know it was too long ago.

if you can help me with this it would be appreciated

well, i use 160g paper, i got a huge 250 page bundle, its just inbetween poaper and card, but watch out, it barely scrapes through my printer, and i nearly knackered it, so look how much thickness the printer can take!

Pro Pipe creation

I was having a sort out today and found an old 'patriot' plastic gun that fires foam balls, I was going to throw it away but then I realised that it had an extrordinary resembelance to the halo reach grenade lanucher, The pro-pipe, I was wondering how I could convert it into the afore mentiond pro-pipe
96066_Picture0005_122_171lo.jpg

Picture of patriot
Now I planned to sand it all down and repaint it grey and then add bits onto it to eventually make it look like this:
800px-M319_-_Side_Profile.png

I was thinking that I could maybe put wood around it to get this effect, If there is a way you think I could attach the wood or any easier way to do it at all any help would be appreaciated. and the handle is the wrong angle, should I leave it like that or try and change it by repositioning it or maybe just adding wood to make it look more angled.
Thanks in advance for any help
-Raze

well, that seems a very good project, but if you could put up an image of the 'patriot' then other people would easly be able to help you.

ok, even though im not plning on doing it yet, how do you put LED's intou your armour, and where?

@0235

I have cut many holes in my Armour and put LED , use reference files from the Halo costuming wiki http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/References that should cover where :D

the LED's will require a certain amount of wiring to a battery source , these can run off of separate sources or just one on each armour piece for ease...

So the 4 or so in the helmet .. i put a double battery pack into the helmet fitted into the padding , so its conceled ... although there is a little switch on the side of the vent :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back