Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello What Nerf gun to i need to buy like what model start making the SMG? and what other supplies do i need to finish it.

I have been going over all the stickies, tips and lesson on how to make the armor.

I have searched and could not find if I am supposed to put the fiberglass cloth on the outside and inside?

I am tring to find out before I start any projects.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Jran Sakarra said:
I have been going over all the stickies, tips and lesson on how to make the armor.

I have searched and could not find if I am supposed to put the fiberglass cloth on the outside and inside?

I am tring to find out before I start any projects.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Fiberglass goes on the inside.

Can someone tell me what programs to use to make the models that go into making the pepakura please?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey um i was finishing up my armor and i remembered to use bondo now when i looked and i went threw alot of forums and topics about bondo but no one really explained what the heck to do with it i just dont get it do you put it as a renforcer inside or outside and how to use it. it seems like everyone has a different use for it

Ive got a couple of probably simple questions that I could figure out from the stickies (yes, I read most of them).

1. How is breathing with the mask on? do you need to add vents somewhere or are there big enough gaps around the neck?

2. Mk V/VI armor faceplate is made with motorcycle helmet faceplates, what should one use for EOD?

3. If The helmet will not be able to fit over your head do to the neck tightness, how do you go about getting it on?

4. Once the armor is completed, are there any harmful fumes still present in it?

That should be it for now

Im still pretty amazed that there is a forum about building this armor so my friend and I are pretty stoked to start building our own sets but some minor details are a little vague here and there so we want to know everything we can before we go out spending lots of time and money on this.

kyrativ said:
Ive got a couple of probably simple questions that I could figure out from the stickies (yes, I read most of them).

1. How is breathing with the mask on? do you need to add vents somewhere or are there big enough gaps around the neck?

2. Mk V/VI armor faceplate is made with motorcycle helmet faceplates, what should one use for EOD?

3. If The helmet will not be able to fit over your head do to the neck tightness, how do you go about getting it on?

4. Once the armor is completed, are there any harmful fumes still present in it?

That should be it for now

Im still pretty amazed that there is a forum about building this armor so my friend and I are pretty stoked to start building our own sets but some minor details are a little vague here and there so we want to know everything we can before we go out spending lots of time and money on this.

Answers:

1) If your refering the a prop type helmet/mask, then yes, add vents near the mouth (these can be hidden well), some people add fans in that area as well.

2)Helmet visors or possibly sunglasses lenses

3)Trim around the neck a bit.

4) no, after using resin, the piece cures (or dries) the smell can still be there, but it's not harmful. You can leave it in the drying location until the peice doesn't smell, 1 day or 2.

Hope that helps, good luck with your build! :)

Can someone tell me what programs to use to make the models that go into making the pepakura please?

This is my first armor and I am doing the pep format. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good sub for aqua resin... modge poge maybe? Just trying to use whats close and easy. Thanks for any info!!!

Talin said:
This is my first armor and I am doing the pep format. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good sub for aqua resin... modge poge maybe? Just trying to use whats close and easy. Thanks for any info!!!
i dont think there is anything better than aqua resin

ok i am just wondering what do the folders in front of the names of threads mean like i have a thread and it is hafe invisible and some are gold otheres are like blue and some have like paperclip things so i dont understand what they mean could someone help me out.

Talin said:
Does anyone know where I can get aqua resin in Dallas Texas... and does the type of fiberglass matter?

Check at a wal-mart (not sure), boat shops, and boat sales and repair. You may also be able to find it online.

8ball said:
ok i am just wondering what do the folders in front of the names of threads mean like i have a thread and it is hafe invisible and some are gold otheres are like blue and some have like paperclip things so i dont understand what they mean could someone help me out.

There is a key at the bottom of the page which will tell you what they are.

Ok, firstly I am completely new to this thing so I do apologize if I come up with any silly questions, but everyone starts somewhere... right?

So, I know about the Pepakura thing and the files and stuff, but... what should I print it onto? Card or what? I haven't tried this out so I don't know much. Also, what size? I heard A4 is ok, is that true? Also, I live in UK so places where you can pick up tools (which I don't know about) might be a bit harder to find here. I mean, I don't know what resin does etc. but I will search those, so don't worry. I just want to make a start - Print out the Pepakura file of the model, like the helmet say on a very good or commonly used material and what size I should use. Thanks if anyone responds.

Hello, I wish to try to make a helmet myself, and I am courious if anyone has a link or the file or .pdo of a C.Q.B. Helmet? Thanks.

@Punisher and Absyinth205

look at the pep/card board armor stickys,and the n00b list. that should help both of you out

Hi everyone.

So I would like know if any know how I do for ripper the game Star Wars Republic Commando, because I want make that helmet and I don't find a Republic Commando helmet in papercraft and too any program for make the ripper.

So if any can help me.

Thanks.

Hi guys!i have a suppa noob question,do you also sell your costumes?because they are Awsome!:D thank you very much and sorry for bothering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back