Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stephen098 said:
Ok right now I'm making a ODST helmet of the rookie but first I'm making the body armor first but when I get to the visor what should I use for it without spending a fortune? I'm only in 6th grade so I don't want to use too much money or do something too diffucult.Also can someone give me a pep Halo 3 ODST SMG download link?Also when do I get to post threads in other sections?

ok so what I'v done is got a face shield it is clear but u can get some tint and it is plastic so esser to cut no worries just look for it in your local ace and you should be good.

hope it helps.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=7257

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone hook me up with a link to the Iron Man pepakura files with the removable faceplate please? I've looked all over, and the only ones I've found shutdown pep when I go to print and then only print one page with only numbers on it. Thanks!

Dizzerak said:
Would anyone hook me up with a link to the Iron Man pepakura files with the removable faceplate please? I've looked all over, and the only ones I've found shutdown pep when I go to print and then only print one page with only numbers on it. Thanks!

Ironman Pdos

join, then look in files index. couldn't host on 405th due to file size, and upload restrictions.

P.S.

is that ever gonna make it to sticky???

Hey everyone, I have a question on scaling armor. I know the whole take your total high divide by 86 times by 31.9 and there ya go, that seems to work good. In theory though, 26 is the number I get when doing all the math and when I plug it in, the program says 86.000000% scale, and when my number is put in it changes to 70% scale. Could I not just put 70% into the rest instead?

kimset: Every part is going to be a little different... some people have long legs, large thighs, long arms, big heads... so using the same scale for everything won't work as well as you would like it to...

I would suggest looking at a few reference pictures to see where the armor should start and stop (there's a ton of reference pictures on here if you look around depending on what version you are trying to make), then measuring yourself to see where it should start and stop. Helmets are the only piece that's difficult to accurately guage using this method. What I did was measure my head's width, add 2 inches and convert to cm (I have a big head ftw) My Mark VI helm is 26.4 cm wide (its flying squirl's HD helm). Measure height and width and where neccessary depth, especially important for the chest piece if you have a few extra pounds on you like some of us around here... or for girls who are 'blessed'...

If you have Pep designer you can save your converted armor parts so you can reprint as needed (or remember what you sized them to later down the road). It also allows you to specify the width, height or depth of the part in question.

Good day everyone :)

Does anyone know of a flamethrower pdo? cuz im looking into making one, but no file found. And say there is none, what is the best program to design pepakura files in? I really want to create one, so :) Also, is there a tut around about pep file creating? thanks 4 the help :p

Cheers,

Clad

I really dont understand how to scratch built weapons. Can someone please explain or send me a link to a tutorial?

Im hoping to make an AR with spare magazines and a slot for a torch to slide in underneath the nozzle.

OK i was trying to make the chest and i mixed the rezin wrong and the last bach i pord will not harded plez help

PS stop bugging me a bout the spelling and gramer

Loving_my_thread.jpg

wakingcorpse187 said:
OK i was trying to make the chest and i mixed the rezin wrong and the last bach i pord will not harded plez help

PS stop bugging me a bout the spelling and gramer

go over it with a properly mixed batch of resin.

wakingcorpse187 said:
thanx man

i was wored it dosnt work but i will try and get it done b4 odst

You may even want to add a little bit extra hardener to kind of make up for the first one. You can also use a heat gun on it too.

Hi all, I have been doin some detailing research and found a lot of people use clay for details, is this the best way to go? also which clay is the best and sandable?

Hey, I was wondering how essential the bondo stage is? Would it be OK to fiberglass everything and paint straight onto the fiberglass? Time is running short on my project and my housemate's now thinking of using fiberglass instead of the hot glue method we originally wanted to try.

We originally wanted to opt for hot glue because we both lived in flats with our partners and didn't have a well ventilated area to fiberglass stuff in, we've now started renting a two bed house together (me and my partner in one bedroom, my friend and his partner in the other bedroom) and we now have a garden. This means that fiberglass is now a viable option for us.

We want our suits finished by October for the MCM Expo in London, and while I've pepped my left arm and shoulder, helmet, chest, belt and handplates, my housemate has only completed his helmet, chest and belt. Money is also a little tight due to having just moved and we don't have the tools that the bondo stage would require.

Any advice anyone here has to offer would be much appreciated.

Depends how good looking and how smooth you want your armor.

Look at your pep file right now. Without bondo, they'll look the same with paint on top, but the same edges and surfaces.

Bondo is not that expensive, you are talking of 20$ a can which does a helmet, 15$ for a sander.

5$ for packs of 8 sandpaper for your sander.

That's it.

But no one here can tell you not to do something. If you don't want to use bondo, try other products.

Thanks. I kinda like how my pep looks. It's RoboGenesis' medium definition pack so it's nothing special but several people have said the edges on it emphasise the fact that it's a video game character and actually add a good flavour to it all. Whether they were being pretentious or trying to spare my feelings is another matter, most of my friends are art students after all XD.

I wouldn't have the cash for a sander until the start of October, with most of September's wages (yay summer jobs) going on rent, food, bills etc so getting bondo and a sander that late in the game would be cutting it pretty fine. Plus, I need to find a good UK equivalent of bondo.

My pep work so far can be seen here:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20359

It's got to be suited for wearing at a convention but I'm not trying to win any competitions or anything with it, me and my housemate just thought it would be awesome to go as Spartans. I'm going as a blue one, he's going as a red one. (Original, I know =P)

What would be your personal opinion?

If it was me, I'd cut the food and get bondo :p

I'm perfectionnist and I want something to be perfect before it's called finished.

But that's me.

You can look for alternatives for bondo in the UK section of this website, they have a list of products and suppliers in the UK.

I'll take a look in the UK section, see what they recommend. Just trying to find a solution which doesn;t involve my girlfriend killing me for spending all my money ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back