Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, i m a rookie here and from malaysia, thanks to rose for the post. i ve read it and understands,

i m completely new here and trying to build myself a halo armor suit,

i already start doin the pepakura, but some say you must scale it first, how do i do that?

currently the one that i have it is scale to 6'2 and i m 5'10, ermmm so sorry to bother you guys with this question but i really need help...

thanks

anyway i m so sorry if my english is not that good...

hope to hear from you guys soon. :D

cross13 said:
hi guys, i m a rookie here and from malaysia, thanks to rose for the post. i ve read it and understands,

i m completely new here and trying to build myself a halo armor suit,

i already start doin the pepakura, but some say you must scale it first, how do i do that?

currently the one that i have it is scale to 6'2 and i m 5'10, ermmm so sorry to bother you guys with this question but i really need help...

thanks

anyway i m so sorry if my english is not that good...

hope to hear from you guys soon. :D

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20044&hl=scaling&st=0

I'd suggest method #3 if you're doing MkVI or one of the others if its a different design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I have free access to a CNC Machine at school. I was thinking as an alternative to a clay/pepakura helmet, I could CNC one out of foam and make a mold out of that. Two questions: has this been done and where can I see pics, and also does anyone have any idea where I can get cubes of foam that is both large enough and firm enough? I've been looking, the only way I've found to get a 1' cube is through custom order.

Thanks.

e: Do you think it would be possible to just glue a bunch of 1'x1'x2" foam pieces together?

Naast said:
Ok, another noob here.

The Pepakura can be printed on any regular printer aye?

of course, although it wont be as strong as cardstock

Naast said:
Ok, another noob here.

The Pepakura can be printed on any regular printer aye?

I tried that don't do it. Regular paper doesn't hold the shape very long and flimsy.

Naast said:
No no, I meant cardstock, I wasn't sure if a regular printer would work with it or not.

hmmm i m a noob as well, i m using manila card size of A4 and so far

it works with the regular printer.

anyway i just wanted to ask how do i upload pictures?

i already start on a marine leftshin garland and left-right forearm,

hope the 405th could give me some guidelines when they see the pictures,

your expertise is very much appreciated...

Has there been anyone putting any thought into an automated visor trigger? Setting an actuator and switch somewhere in the helmet that would open and close a visor. Similar to the ODST live action trailer. I believe those who create the Mickey ODST Helmet would have that little area on the forehead they could place the actuator and any spare wires. Just a thought. So has there been anyone researching this. Is there a tut for it anywhere? I ask because it is something I am working on personally before I start my own thread in the Noob section.

You know, that's not a bad idea, a friend of mine has a motorcycle helmet with a visor that goes down on it's own. So it should be possible.

What's the best way to harden an assault rifle? There's no easy access to the inside like there is on the armour so I can't fiberglass the inside for strength.

Also I've been using 160gsm cardstock rather than the recommended 200gsm (whatever that is in lb), I'm hoping my pep will stand up to fiberglassing, and I guess I'm about to find out, but has anyone here had any experience with it?

Afr0Blu3 said:
What's the best way to harden an assault rifle? There's no easy access to the inside like there is on the armour so I can't fiberglass the inside for strength.

Also I've been using 160gsm cardstock rather than the recommended 200gsm (whatever that is in lb), I'm hoping my pep will stand up to fiberglassing, and I guess I'm about to find out, but has anyone here had any experience with it?

Cut a small hole in an area of the rifle you can repair later(the bottom of the handle is a good spot), Then use Smooth-cast 300 from Smooth-On and pour it in the hole. place a piece of tape over the hole and roto-cast the rifle. You may need to do multiple layers. Works like a charm!

OK, I'll put a hole in front of the ammo counter and see how that works out. I doubt I'll be able to find that exact brand in the UK, do you know of a UK equivalent or anywhere in the UK that would stock it?

Also, still hoping I'll be OK to fiberglass my armour having used 160gsm cardstock rather than 200gsm.

I don't know of a UK brand. Just Google it. Also the fiberglass should work fine. Just make sure you resin the outside before you glass the inside.

Hi there, i have some problems with the scaling. I read the Official Scaling thread, but i dont get it right.

Can i scale everything with this method:

Hight in inches devided by 86 = xxx

xxx multiplied by 31,9

Or is it just for the helmet?

Are there other formulas if its just for the helmet?

Thank R.

Thanks that helped a lot, i think i will start now with the helmet i found on the halo costuming wiki.

I will make a WIP thread soon in the noob section.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back