Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amir Rahmani said:
OK

does anyone know the dimensions to a mark V or VI helmet. I need to make a replica in CAD.

i mean DETAILED dimensions.

thanks

Open it up in a CAD program, doesn't that tell you all the dimensions you need? Pep, export at obj, then open it up in your cad program. At least that should work

I have a question, I'm trying to use blender to make sliced weapons. Basicially, make several layers of planes to conform to the model I import. But how do I measure the distance between slices? So I know what thickness they will be at? At least, so I can tell if each slice is at an equal distance apart? How do I? Thank you for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
umm i am new to the site and am planning on starting to make marine armor for my first armor... first of all ive seen indy mogul show on halo armor but i still dont get it but i understand safety first. ok ive read the rules of the site but be forewarned= i have a disorder called aspergurs and it makes it hard not to be annoying i will sometimes ask what when i heard someone and i also end up unpopular because i am what they call "wierd" when no one in this world ... let alone the galaxy "yes im talking to you covanent scum" lol and i mean no offense on that. i would like tips on the marine armor and also i would like to no how to make it "airsoft proof up to 600/fps prefferably" and am willing to share ideas on how to make your halo weaps work for real "of course plastic bb ammo though" thank you for your time i would really apreciat the help :)

Reaper_haunt_house_actor said:
umm i am new to the site and am planning on starting to make marine armor for my first armor... first of all ive seen indy mogul show on halo armor but i still dont get it but i understand safety first. ok ive read the rules of the site but be forewarned= i have a disorder called aspergurs and it makes it hard not to be annoying i will sometimes ask what when i heard someone and i also end up unpopular because i am what they call "wierd" when no one in this world ... let alone the galaxy "yes im talking to you covanent scum" lol and i mean no offense on that. i would like tips on the marine armor and also i would like to no how to make it "airsoft proof up to 600/fps prefferably" and am willing to share ideas on how to make your halo weaps work for real "of course plastic bb ammo though" thank you for your time i would really apreciat the help :)

You can't make it airsoft proof and nobody will help you regarding that. Safety first.

I'm having some trouble with Pep designer and Blender not running very smoothly. It's not very strange as my computer is really beginning to age, I think it's about four years old now. I don't really want to buy a completely new computer at this moment, but I would like some advice. Feel free to adress me as a complete idiot, I want every bit of help I can get.

From what I understand a better video card might help a lot and is probably the cheapest/easiest solution. My current video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, which wasn't anything special even when I bought the computer as far as I know. I tried updating its software, but it didn't help very much. If I am to purchase a new video card, what am I supposed to look for? I have tried googling, but it's a djungle, really...

Hey I'm new to pepakura, and I want my stuff to look decent. I read through all the stickies and stuff, but how do you insert a visor into a pepped helmet? I'm going to start on a Halo 2 ODST helmet soon and I want to put a visor in it.

Also, if it's made of paper, won't it fall apart easily? How do you fill up the inside of the helmet to makje it fit better and be more stiff?

Thanks!

Spartan

Spartan5511 said:
Hey I'm new to pepakura, and I want my stuff to look decent. I read through all the stickies and stuff, but how do you insert a visor into a pepped helmet? I'm going to start on a Halo 2 ODST helmet soon and I want to put a visor in it.

Also, if it's made of paper, won't it fall apart easily? How do you fill up the inside of the helmet to makje it fit better and be more stiff?

Thanks!

Spartan

well you make it out of card first, so that you have the basic shape, then you put fibre glass on the inside to make it ridgid and stronger, thatn put car body filler on the outside so that it becomes much smoother and looks nicer.

that was just a basic explination of one way of doing it.

Spartan5511 said:

Thanks!

Spartan

ok i'm "new" to all this to but I've been a watching this site for months. like you I was kind of concerned about using card stock, i see everyone else uses it and there stuff comes out amazing. but for me I was uncertain still, I've gone an alternate route with mine and used chipboard cardboard, you can order it the same size as you paper 8.5X11 and just print on plain paper and tape it to the card board. I also know from my experience with Subwoofer enclosures that fiberglass resin adheres very well to cardboard, that is why they use MDF which is very much like the chipboard. the only draw backs i've seen so far is if your knife is not sharp you won't get that perfect corner like you would with the card stock. just my 2 cents.

Ok i dont remember when or where but i save a pep file for the elite head and now i cant find it if ouy know the thread its located in Pm me please.

Spartan5511 said:

Thanks!

Spartan

Well with the pepakura method, first you must assemble the piece using 110 lb. card stock preferably and then you will need to use some bondo(or another type) resin on the outside, this will make it somewhat stiff. After that you will need to fiberglass the inside.(there are other ways but this way is the most detailed in the forums) the fiberglass makes the peice strong. After alll of this, you will use some body filler and spot putty to smooth down the helmet. After the bondo sand bondo sand process you can test fit a motorcycle visor in to it(that way you can tailor the helm to fit to the visor). Once you are sure that the visor fits you can remove it and paint the helm, then put in the visor and any flashy things like LED's and ventilation systems. any other questions dont be afraid to ask.

Jay123way said:
Well with the pepakura method, first you must assemble the piece using 110 lb. card stock preferably and then you will need to use some bondo(or another type) resin on the outside, this will make it somewhat stiff. After that you will need to fiberglass the inside.(there are other ways but this way is the most detailed in the forums) the fiberglass makes the peice strong. After alll of this, you will use some body filler and spot putty to smooth down the helmet. After the bondo sand bondo sand process you can test fit a motorcycle visor in to it(that way you can tailor the helm to fit to the visor). Once you are sure that the visor fits you can remove it and paint the helm, then put in the visor and any flashy things like LED's and ventilation systems. any other questions dont be afraid to ask.

Hey thanks, this helps a lot!

But how exactly do you put it in? Cause I started a practice Mark VI helmet using regular paper (so as not to waste my cardstock) and elmers glue (which I wont be using ever again) and it has a paper visor. Do I just not do that part or cut it out? And do you just hotglue the visor into place?

Spartan5511 said:
Hey thanks, this helps a lot!

But how exactly do you put it in? Cause I started a practice Mark VI helmet using regular paper (so as not to waste my cardstock) and elmers glue (which I wont be using ever again) and it has a paper visor. Do I just not do that part or cut it out? And do you just hotglue the visor into place?

Well you can either put it in right now and cut it out after you resin, or just not put it in right now. I suggest not putting it in if you are going to fiberglass it. The point of the visor really is only for if yo are making a mold or are using a method that requires pouring a substance into the helmet to harden it.

I have been seeing a lot of people using resin and bondo on their armor.

Is it nessacary to use both or can you just use one or the other?

FoxTrot said:
I have been seeing a lot of people using resin and bondo on their armor.

Is it nessacary to use both or can you just use one or the other?

Well, to get the best result resin really is a must(along with fiberglassing the inside too!) and bondo just makes everything smooth and nice looking. So you don't NEED to use bondo but it does give a better looking end-product.

Ugh elmers glue and regular printing paper doesn't work well lol. Thats what I used for my practice....

Ok, one last question, where do you get those fancy progress pictures that shows what you've done on a figure so far?

Spartan5511 said:
Ugh elmers glue and regular printing paper doesn't work well lol. Thats what I used for my practice....

Ok, one last question, where do you get those fancy progress pictures that shows what you've done on a figure so far?

Yes, I recommend superglue and cardstock :)

Oh and here is a link to the signatures

http://www.heavenofanime.org/maker/

Thanks haha

One more question (maybe ;)) What do you all recommend for securing down armor pieces? Like, what I guess I'm trying to say is, how do you attach armor? I started a Halo 2 ODST, and it's coming along well, but once I'm done how do I attach everything? And the upper and lower torsos... do I just shinny into them?

Spartan5511 said:
Thanks haha

One more question (maybe ;) ) What do you all recommend for securing down armor pieces? Like, what I guess I'm trying to say is, how do you attach armor? I started a Halo 2 ODST, and it's coming along well, but once I'm done how do I attach everything? And the upper and lower torsos... do I just shinny into them?

usually they are fixed on with vinyl straps. Or you can do velcro but that is a tad unreliable. There is a video on this where adam shows how he puts his on, I'll find it real quick.

EDIT: Here you go ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back