Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by BlacRoseImmortal, Jul 11, 2008.

1. TyrDropProps

TyrDropProps Member

You could try contacting the modeler or unfolder and ask them to save it in pep designer 2 for you or just try to re-download 3 and hope it works

2. Sparty

Sparty Jr Member

what is the easiest way for me to post pictures up in a thread. i have a droid and was maybe gona use that but wasnt sure what would be easiest

3. Bagman333

Bagman333 New Member

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone has a link for the MK VI Pelvis piece? I went to the wiki link but there are no working links that i can find. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great :)

4. Ral Partha

Ral Partha Well-Known Member

If you're looking for the HD piece, it's listed there as cod plate but no pic.

5. Bagman333

Bagman333 New Member

Ok thanks, i cant beleive i missed it, was looking for the normal but ill try out the HD and see what i make of it. Thanks again :)

6. nedfix

nedfix New Member

hello im looking for the templet for the 2nd layer for the visor i know it was here before but now i cant find it thx in advance

7. Joshua Morrison

Joshua Morrison Jr Member

8. nedfix

nedfix New Member

thank you that was the post i was looking for

9. MirrorShield

MirrorShield New Member

Hey guys! The armour piece im making at the moment covers the whole of my shin all the way around, and i have to be able to get it on and off. Thats easy while its just cardstock, as it has some movement that allows me to slip it on and off when im trying it out.

My problem lies when i fibreglass it. It wont be flexible, and im wondering what to do as i wont have enough room to fit my heel through when putting it on.

Any ideas? I mean whats the best way to get around it?

10. totaltyler

totaltyler New Member

great, thank's for the help it worked just fine and the numbers stayed the same.

11. Sindreive

Sindreive New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the norwegian word of cardstock, I tried google translate and scoured the web through google, and come up with nothing.
    So if anyone knows this and would take their time to post it, It would be greatly appricieated.

12. Ral Partha

If a norwegian (like you) doesn't know the word for "cardstock", I don't think us non-norwegians know it either. :) Instead, go for the paperweight. Look for one that has a weight of at least 175 gsm (grams per sqiare meter). All papers are listed with gsm values.

13. Sindreive

Sindreive New Member

Thank you for replying, will look into the weight before buying paper to use for pepakura then ^^

14. TheHow7zer

TheHow7zer Member

Does anyone know what the proper technique is for hardening a sliced cardboard weapon? I want to finish up my DMR soon, but am unsure how to go about it.

15. Tyvern

Tyvern

I'm 5'11''...what size in mm or cm should I scale the rogue helmet......I've tried it a lot of times already and need help!...

p.s. I also wear glasses!

it's for my friend and I

16. Snowblind X17

Snowblind X17 New Member

Rather stupid quoestion, but, Can normal paper pep be resined/fiberglassed?
    By budget doesn't like buying the umm... whatever the thicker paper was called as in here it's 1.2 euros for 2 A4's of it >.<

17. Cubic Kenshin

Cubic Kenshin New Member

Hey, I'm pretty darn new, and I was wondering both; When should I get started if I plan on going to a convention around May 20th, and How much money (roughly) would it take to make a full Spartan armored body with an ODST helmet?

18. Ral Partha

Yes but I wouldn't recommend using regular paper for pepping. Regular paper doesn't have enough heft to support its own weight and resining will probably make it worse. You can probably glue a cardboard sheet behind each piece but it's more trouble than it's worth.

It's never too early to start. For starters, read the stickies. Looks like you haven't read any of the stickies in the Noob forum. Start with this one. This will give you an idea about the cost. Then read the stickies in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section.

19. fury101

fury101 New Member

Hi all
    After many years of medieval re-enactments and costuming i want to attempt a full set of MkVI armour. I am very experienced in general paper/card crafting so putting the pep files together is no real hardship. The one thing i seen to be having a difficult time with is scaling the various armour parts to fit me.
    I have now completed my second chest harness (the first was far too big, funny how a slight miscalculation of 10mm can produce a monster) but im happy with the second.
    Im now moving onto the shoulder and forearm pieces.
    The shoulders seem to be pretty much correct but the forearms are giving me real problems. The wrist hole seems too small and the rear end could probably fit both my arms in them. I think my problem is the initial full figure body picture i used to work out my scaling ratios.
    Does anyone have a full body picture of completed armour that I can use for scaling the individual pieces? Im currently using a cgi picture of the MkVI armour coloured silver with a blue background which i found somewhere on the site.
    Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Fury (UK)

20. skullcruncher40

skullcruncher40 New Member

PLZ TELL ME WHERE TO GET BULEPRINTS. Im new and i dont know where to get them.plz tell

21. Ral Partha

Will this work?

Halo3MC.jpg

22. noxiousd

noxiousd New Member

23. fury101

fury101 New Member

thanks for the picture Ral Partha, that looks much better for scaling.
    Finished the pep model for my left shin today (managed to get the scale right for that first time)

24. Tyvern

Tyvern

Does anybody have a full sized Mk.V-B Halo Reach armor picture? I'm making armor for someone and they want the standard N6 suit.

25. kahnah

kahnah Member

hey whats the rankings all about?
    i see under every ones name they have some kind of a rank.
    and how does a member rank up?