have you noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecose

its pretty cool that people are makeing their versions of (mc's helmet/spartan helmet) and they all look cool in all these different types .... do you think so

oh I didnt make a mistake. I meant to do it like that :D

I think I may be using that one quite a bit on my first round of armoring ;)

Yodajammies said:
oh I didnt make a mistake. I meant to do it like that :D
I think I may be using that one quite a bit on my first round of armoring ;)

If theres anything I learned from painting and building WH and WH40k miniatures... mistakes are not mistakes. They are new design ideas. My helmet had quite a few problems I was able to fix. Couple examples, and I hate to point them out believe me. On the front jaw piece, I have a streak of silver. Thats slightly covering up where spray paint dripped and bulged. On the left side of the jaw is a brown scorch mark. That's covering up a huge spot of where the green paint got taken off by a finger while still sticky.

Top left helmet brim? Crack and hole from resin being sanded too much. Fixed with excess silver paint for battle wear.

Mistakes we make usually cover up and change the artistic outcome of the helmet to something unique :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It's actually nice to see all the different ways people make their helmets, from materials, to paint, to detailing. It's great!

Sikarian said:
If theres anything I learned from painting and building WH and WH40k miniatures... mistakes are not mistakes. They are new design ideas. My helmet had quite a few problems I was able to fix. Couple examples, and I hate to point them out believe me. On the front jaw piece, I have a streak of silver. Thats slightly covering up where spray paint dripped and bulged. On the left side of the jaw is a brown scorch mark. That's covering up a huge spot of where the green paint got taken off by a finger while still sticky.

Top left helmet brim? Crack and hole from resin being sanded too much. Fixed with excess silver paint for battle wear.

Mistakes we make usually cover up and change the artistic outcome of the helmet to something unique :)

your totally right....... but what im trying to get across is that it is awesome how people can make thier own perception or thought about the armor or helmet .....

ecose said:
your totally right....... but what im trying to get across is that it is awesome how people can make thier own perception or thought about the armor or helmet .....

What I find fascinating is a lot of the pepakura helmets look different altogether. Molded ones people do themselves, I can see...but pepakura we all use the same base and even still they turn out different :)

Sikarian said:
What I find fascinating is a lot of the pepakura helmets look different altogether. Molded ones people do themselves, I can see...but pepakura we all use the same base and even still they turn out different :)

thats true and i wonder what happens ..... i used referce pics on mine and(no pep) it isnt the best but for 13 it kinda cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back