Hayabusa Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Man

Jr Member
Ok if you read my Hayabusa spikes things and helped me. Thanks here are some of my pictures every thing is cut out and some of it is assembled. Because its regular paper I am using Mod Podge to harden it then I will do Hot glu method and on the outside will lay a few layers of plaster cloth on it, smooth it paint it yipee. :not worthy:

Yeah-ha! Someone else who's going the regular printer paper approach.

I did the same thing for my JediFraz HALO 2 Mk VI helmet (still a WiP), but my medium of choice for the finished product was sheet styrene, approximately 1/8" thick.

All I used was regular printer paper (didn't have any 110-lb cardstock at the time) and low-tack painter's tape (the blue stuff) to keep it together.

Then I applied the styrene panels (cut out based on the geometric surfaces of the Pep file) using a Uhu Industrial Strength glue stick. Pretty heavy stuff to be layering over a regular-papered model, but it held together amazingly well.

After that, I then puttied the seams, sanded/rounded out the sharp edges and angles, and have got it looking pretty good at this point.

I have to admit, I was rather impressed with how well it worked out, given what I was working with.

And I can see you're looking to be on the same track with yours. Of course, the model you're using has next to no sharp edges or angles, so that'll make your job a lot easier, lol.

I like your method for how you're assembling the helmet, in terms of materials used. Definately unique amongst the other helmet builds I've seen. Helps to set yours apart from the rest. Original.

Way to be different, dude! I look forward to seeing more :cool:

Nice, I used regular paper for my Mark VI as well, Didn't have any warping or anything looked good... atleast until I did the fiberglassing lol that's when I kinda wrecked it :p

Recon Man said:
Thanks I am working on it right now trying to get it finished my this weekend to harden it. (y)

Kewl! Be sure to post some WiP pics, then :D

Last edited by a moderator:
For the fact that you're using regular paper instead of cardstock, I give you mad props on the non-warping I'm seeing in your progress pics sir!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Hey guys while im working on the hayabusa I want to start the h3 odst weta landfall by skullcandy girl but I cant find the chest plates thighs biceps and guantlets could you please leave me a link or tell me what page it is on
in her topic.

Recon Man o_O

Recon Man said:
Hey guys while im working on the hayabusa I want to start the h3 odst weta landfall by skullcandy girl but I cant find the chest plates thighs biceps and guantlets could you please leave me a link or tell me what page it is on
in her topic.

Recon Man o_O

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9396

Here's all the ODST Weta stuff I can find.

Good luck, and may the search be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright here is an update ive been working on it all last night i got the back part of the head assemble, back top of the head and the spike on top.

Ill get pictures as soon as I can. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back