Hayabusa Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

VitienrgyLp

Wats going on 405th? you guys are awesome, i just signed up and decided to post a question i have had. Here it is I am making a hayabusa helmet and its going great. The pepakura model i got is fantastic, (a little long but whatever). I was wondering if anyone has tips about installing a visor on this bad boy. It's a little tricky due to the design. Any help would be great thanks.

img039.jpg

img038.jpg

img040.jpg

img037.jpg

Here is the updated picture
img045.jpg

you would have to buy a visor and cut it to the shape of the visor in the helmet. people do that for the CQB and other odd-shaped visor helmets.

btw gets the rvb4life stamp of approval

yea those are old pics but 2day i resined the inside outside and fiberglassed. :) paint 2morrow and some more pictures.
How would i go about cutting the visor to fit? i know about the hjc visors, but not about cutting them. :(

VitienrgyLp said:
yea those are old pics but 2day i resined the inside outside and fiberglassed. :) paint 2morrow and some more pictures.
How would i go about cutting the visor to fit? i know about the hjc visors, but not about cutting them. :(
The best route is to cut it with a dremel. Just just a cutting wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
awsome, I have mine fully fiberglassed and bondoed, ill post pics later this week, i bet yours wll be awsome too!!

amazing job. i never wanted to build it but after seeing a few of these done looks like i will be folding one soon

go to tint shop (call them first if they have it (gold tint)) and tell them that what are u gonna do with the gold tint

If you really dont want to blow 30 bucks on a visor, get some plexiglass, bend it and form it, and get some tint (or one of those yellow clear book covers) and cut it. use a dremel, and make a template beforehand.

My girlfriend wants me to make this helmet for her. The way I was going to do it is to get some gold window tint and laminate it. Since the visor is going to be so small im not too worried about it looking bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back