Hayabusa Helmet...complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I got a Hayabusa off of Spartan 051 and it was well made. I have been doing some work to it and may have it finished shortly. The yellow is the first color we went with but didn't like it so changes were made and this is what we got so fa.

yellow
33c3tpd.jpg

red 1
2gyda9e.jpg

red 2
28mnoz.jpg

Ithica

Could do the crest like this:

ngsa03tifjpgcopy.jpg

That's pretty much how it's supposed to be but the textures just done cut it on the model:

36047031-Full.jpg

We are actually discussin the detail on the top portion. My wife wants to paint it o0n sop we are going to go with that and see how it turns out. I have some other small detail work to do as well.

Ithica

Im glad you like that helm it was a fun side project

but great job with the paint so far cant wait to see it finished

once you cast in plastic, you can take a soldering gun, and draw right into the plastic.

never heard of a soldering gun being used for details but it makes since. Its casted in plastic so he should be able to put the details in with a soldering gun then he could cast it with all the details in place

Adam has a point to cast it without detail so I can make others to do the detail on just in case the detail messes up. Cant erase what work you do...lol.

Well this could be the answer to your question:

halohelmets2_set3_photo_02_dp.jpg

It has would be beautiful if you could remake the details that McFarlane did on the action figure. It would be really easy to do with a little bondo.

At least what was my plan with the helmet form Spartan 051, but now that you got it it would be fantastic to see it done like that.

The McFarlane mini-helmet looks nice but the detailing is way off. I picked one up this weekend hoping it would help me out but the helmet just isn't big enough for the proper details.

I put all the decent screenshots I took into the Hayabusa reference gallery:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...q=sc&cat=15

Those are what I'll use if/ when I get around to drawing the crest and spike details.

falcon NL said:
Well this could be the answer to your question:

halohelmets2_set3_photo_02_dp.jpg

It has would be beautiful if you could remake the details that McFarlane did on the action figure. It would be really easy to do with a little bondo.

At least what was my plan with the helmet form Spartan 051, but now that you got it it would be fantastic to see it done like that.

well if you wanted to make it look more like the action figure rather than the game you could easily add some (non corrugated) cardboard for details rather than mess with bead lines of bondo. more specifically the card board used on the back of a note pad works really well for adding on details.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a product called Quiksteel that is an epoxy putty like playdoh. Just knead it, shape it, and let it harden. It cures kind of fast, so practice first. It is at Wal-Mart or auto parts stores. Runs from $3 - $6. It is normally used to fix holes in gas tanks, oil pans, etc. It sands really well and is heat resistant.

I would just roll it into "snakes" and stick it where it needs to go. BTW, wear gloves unless you want your hands smelling funky for a couple days.

qs.gif

Here is an update on a lil painting and the squiggly lines on the top..lol. My wife used hotglue and we will paint over it the same color as rthe mouth area.

21oo3gy.jpg

21ccc5e.jpg

Ithica

Well its a good alternative mode, but to be honest i do think that the hotglue isn't wide enough to make a good impact...maybe theres a way to expand them? The silver looks like the right color ;)

The hotglue--good idea, but I think I prefer the smooth as well. (my opinion of course)

And I do like the silver, the red and the yellow is meh to me.

Other than that its quite perfect and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

not bad, but it comes off as veins... i wonder how it could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back