hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh. Now it all makes sense. It kind of looked like the legendary helmet from Halo, since I havent seen anything bigger then an MSN messenger icon sized picture of it.

s-meister said:
AND awesome name. DooM rules!

Thanks DooM does rule! O and the helmet is from Halo 3. Yeah i know it dosent look anything like halo but i think it looks cool so i want to make one.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a bad zbrush model. if you're gonna do a disp. map from it you should really sharpen up the details though :p

you could always just retopo it in zbrush and export that as an obj to get the base for taking into pep.

not a bad zbrush model. if you're gonna do a disp. map from it you should really sharpen up the details though

you could always just retopo it in zbrush and export that as an obj to get the base for taking into pep.

Its not a zbrush model it is a zbrush render though, I dont really use zbrush for mech style stuff, I model in C4D, I use zbrush for making displacment maps and painting textures, as for sharpening up the detail, I did mention its only about 50% done so far. the retopologising function in Z3 has its uses, but its really only there to make up for the fact the zbrush is horrendously inefficient with geometry. I could be wrong here, but I think you can only retopo with a zsphere based adaptive mesh

Nearly there, just need to fix a few issues (his crest is not quite right yet) and work out what to do with the neck/opening, and clean up the over-all shape, then this will be ready, hopefully I can get it done buy the end of next week, comments and crits welcome please
[attachment=1871:almostbusa.jpg]

edit, just thought Id add, the fine blue mesh over the model is just an editing tool (hypernurbs if anyone was interested), the final model will have aroun 500 polys or less.for a laugh I loaded the nurb version into pep, it has 57000 polys. ha ha

NZ-TK said:
Nearly there, just need to fix a few issues (his crest is not quite right yet) and work out what to do with the neck/opening, and clean up the over-all shape, then this will be ready, hopefully I can get it done buy the end of next week, comments and crits welcome please
:eek:

NZ-TK said:

edit, just thought Id add, the fine blue mesh over the model is just an editing tool (hypernurbs if anyone was interested), the final model will have aroun 500 polys or less.for a laugh I loaded the nurb version into pep, it has 57000 polys. ha ha

i liked the other one better. the forward view looks to thin and ziplined teh side view is orgasmic though.

the forward view looks to thin
Hmmm, I was thinking the mouth and jaw was a bit fat actually, where do you mean thin? or it it the whole thing?
Thanks for looking by the way

[attachment=1877:Front.jpg]

I think I see what you're meaning, This is one of my refs, its a bit irritating cause its hard to line up the camera in theater to get a perfect straight on shot, I'll make the model a bit wider and see how it goes. also I havnt got perspective distortion on that pic, so its not as off as it looks

too cool...too bad it has too much of a curvature and not polygonal like the others...
and to those wondering why theres a ninja gaiden-like armor on halo 3 is that bungie and team ninja allied and made ties and bought rights to SPARTAN-495 from DOA 4 and the Hayabusa Armor from Ryu Hayabusa from DOA and Ninja Gaiden

too bad it has too much of a curvature and not polygonal like the others...
the curves are'nt actually there, i'm using an angle limit (phong) shader in my editor, it helps me see what a finished one might look like. Once the helmet is done, I'll start the chest and shoulders, probably make a new thread for the whole project sometime soonish if there was any interest, I know a lot of people dont like the hayabusa perm, I just like it cause Im a bit of a japanophile

Yeah...

Definitely looking forward to getting a Hayabusa helm to wear.

I could use it for a Halo costume...

And a samurai costume!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back