hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't one. The Hayabusa helm doesn't exist in Pepakura format yet.

And as far as I care, good riddance to it. It's ugly, over-used, and instead of being a symbol of people having completed a certain part of the game, it's come to be associated with cheap tactics and n00bs. I have no respect for a Hayabusa armor wearer unless he or she happens to be a fair, skilled player.

Although on several occasions I have gone through Matchmaking with my associates (SoaH Regulars) wearing what has now been dubbed 'The Neon-Pink bitchslap Ninja'. Two points for the correct guess as to why that is.

The hayabusa helmet looks pretty nice, it just looks a little, um, un-symmetrical. Fix that and it will look just about perfect.
If thats aimed at my model, Im not sure how that can be possible, it was made using a symmetry object. There are a lot of things wrong with that model at the moment, not sure when(if) I'll get around to fixing them (the eye shape particularly) Its pretty much ready for pepakura now to be used as a base for sculpting on though, just trying to get the right amount of subdivisions on the front centre crest, too many and it will be annoying to fold, too few and it will be too blocky and need heaps of finishing. Also still working out how to scale the thing correctly, the crest makes it tricky to decide on a correct hight

Last edited by a moderator:
supertaco said:
if anyone wants hayabusa shoulders i posted them in the download thread

Those shoulders look really good, what scale did you use for yours?

stanvo said:
Those shoulders look really good, what scale did you use for yours?
i didn't have any idea what the scale was thats why i didn't unfold them

I unfolded the shoulders, therey're a bit small- height 3.9cm, width 3.5, depth 2.5 They'll need to be majorly upscaled to be of any use.

If someone manages to pull off a pepakura file of the hayabusa helmet, then makes it, i have a brilliant idea for the visor,
since the hayabusa helmet has more like slits for the visor, like eyes, instead of having to use a dremmel and make the visor that small to fit on those slits, just put a normal visor INSIDE the helmet behind the two slits, making it look normal. Then if you insert your cushioning on the excess parts of the visor thats inside, you will have NO PROBLEM

trust me, i did that for my Samus Aran helmet ( from Metroid) and it works just fine

no pics though, my camera is all screwed up
tell me what you think

If anyone is gonna make a hayabusa anything.....i will be very impressed....and first to download! :rolleyes

i will make it

but if the mess is like NZ-TK on the ODST

then count me out

it took me 21 hours to finish the ODST from him

Primal Weyland said:
There isn't one. The Hayabusa helm doesn't exist in Pepakura format yet.

And as far as I care, good riddance to it. It's ugly, over-used, and instead of being a symbol of people having completed a certain part of the game, it's come to be associated with cheap tactics and n00bs. I have no respect for a Hayabusa armor wearer unless he or she happens to be a fair, skilled player.

Although on several occasions I have gone through Matchmaking with my associates (SoaH Regulars) wearing what has now been dubbed 'The Neon-Pink bitchslap Ninja'. Two points for the correct guess as to why that is.

god bless you =] he is right as soon as people started to get it i was interested now everyone has it and its just an eye sore to even look at but what ever people are into is their own desicion.

but if the mess is like NZ-TK on the ODST
:lol: My models arn't easy to make, that is for sure but, I did warn people they are certainly not for new users.

NZ-TK said:
:lol: My models arn't easy to make, that is for sure but, I did warn people they are certainly not for new users.
your models are amazing but had as hell

but i would like to try your hayabusa

I've been told there are almost as many folds in my Hayabusa helm as a full set of Halo:CE Mk V armor
but i would like to try your hayabusa
Won't be too far away, its being tested at the moment, if you didnt like my ODST, you're REALLY not going to like the hayabusa :p

this is going to be amazing! ur ODST scared the sh!t out of me when i started cutting out the pieces, so i might have to adjust a few of those really detailed parts with a simpler piece(scrap paper :p ) but man i'm so excited to see how this comes out. good luck on the testing!

might have to adjust a few of those really detailed parts with a simpler piece(scrap paper )
THats the way to do it I reckon, I cant remember who it was but someone on this forum said "dont let the pep make you its bitch" Any parts that are too small just ignore or cut out, you dont need to have EVERY single polygon in your pep model, its just a shape to hold bondo for detailing

Ive posted pics of it before, just wait pretty soon there will (hopefully) be a thread about it, once my beta tester is ready

What I'd like to see is the Hayabusa Chest Plate. I think that that it's the best looking piece, other than the shoulders.

-FireDrakeArchon

NZ-TK said:
I've been told there are almost as many folds in my Hayabusa helm as a full set of Halo:CE Mk V armor

Won't be too far away, its being tested at the moment, if you didnt like my ODST, you're REALLY not going to like the hayabusa :p

i will just get carpal tunnel again just twice as long

dont worry i will be willing to work on pep files once they come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back