HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robogenisis

Please only vote in the poll if you have completed a properly scaled piece. When you scaled the piece by entering your height, was it too big, too small, or did it fit right?

CURRENT PROJECT
My current project right now is an HD CQB Helmet (more info on the first post of page 25). It's going well, and I expect it not to take two months this time :p. Currently there are 2032 faces on the model (Not including the "knobs")

THE MODELS

The Biceps
Bicep.gif

The Boots
2-PieceBoot.gif

3-PieceBoot.gif

The Handplates
HandPlate-1.gif

DOWNLOADS
THE BOOTS
THE HAND PLATES
THE MK VI BICEPS

SCALING
Full scale is 86 (Masterchiefs height). To scale to your size, enter your hieght in the scale box. This will give you your proper scale. There have been problems getting the right size, so you WILL need to use the size tester or you will probably get a bad scale. You can also try measuring and adjusting the scale in Pepakura. Post your scale and hieght here when you find the scale that works for you.

If the hieght in scale box makes the piece to big, try multiplying the scale by 0.907. This will compensate for the fact that the MC is actually 6' 6" out of his armor, instead of 7' 2". If you try this, please post your findings here. It will help create a scaling system that works well.

MAKE THE INCLUDED SIZE TESTER MODEL FIRST!
You might want to go to the "flap configuration" menu and change the flap sizes to 3mm or 5mm after you scale, or the flaps might be to small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice! Robo Loving your plasma Pep by the way now I see I have more great pep files coming from you! Keep up the great work!

I added a lot of Mark VI reference pictures today and a little while ago, still working on getting more. There's like 40+, hope they help.

Pep is starting to look better and better. Pretty soon itll only require minimal touchup work.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD WITH "WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE!" OR "CAN YOU SEND ME THE MODELS?" I CANNOT DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS ILLEGAL.

Just wondering why it is that you think its illegal for you to send people the .obj files, but you'll give them the .pdo files? its the same data. Im not asking for the files at all, I just find your logic slightly perplexing o_O

NZ-TK said:
Just wondering why it is that you think its illegal for you to send people the .obj files, but you'll give them the .pdo files? its the same data. Im not asking for the files at all, I just find your logic slightly perplexing o_O

Yeah, it's not "My" logic, it's Bungies (I think). I find it a bit strange too. But the PDO's can only be used for printing out, they cannot be used for games, 3D printing, anything of any sort, except for paper. But rules are rules, laws are laws. Besides, if I posted the files, they would be removed almost instantly. :(

NZ-TK said:

Well I'm asking for the .pdo files !!!! :D please??? just kidding, you don't HAVE to send me the files, I would just really like it

PDO's can only be used for printing out, they cannot be used for games, 3D printing, anything of any sort
actually its a fairly simple process converting a .pdo into what ever you want.

lizander said:
Well I'm asking for the .pdo files !!!! :D please??? just kidding, you don't HAVE to send me the files, I would just really like it
This is considered spamming in my eyes.
eyes2.gif

I will release the PDOs when I am finished with them.
NZ-TK said:
actually its a fairly simple process converting a .pdo into what ever you want.
Yes, I know this. (But don't tell Bungie and ruin it for us all).

Just some constructive criticism. Please don't take this the wrong way, I think it's great you're doing this and I definitely plan on using these for my build.

Do you think the holes are a little too deep? (See attatchment.) At first I thought they were too big too, but after closer examination, they look good there. It's hard to judge since it's a part of the texture and not of the model...

Also, do you think the holes are the only details you'll be adding? Just curious.

Still, I'll be watching this thread like a hawk waiting for the uploads. :not worthy:

Yes I'm adding as many details as I can while still making it possible to fold it. I have Halo 3 for reference, so that will help. Boots should be up maybe tomorrow. :D

Robogenisis said:
Yes I'm adding as many details as I can while still making it possible to fold it. I have Halo 3 for reference, so that will help. Boots should be up maybe tomorrow. :D
Woooo! (y) Man I'm excited to see what you do.

You asked for it ^^. Here's a link to a zip file full of every possible angle of the MK. VII.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXIJRG15

Also, do you have the 3D model files? Because I'd hate to make something knowing it's not 100% accurate. I know somebody else has the files uploaded somewhere on this site ^^, sorry to be so vague. I don't know if I speak for others but DON'T CUT DOWN ON THE DETAILING AT ALL! Don't worry about it being impossible, it'll be fun IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back