HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bevbor said:
Some pics about handplates. I've got inside fiberglass pads and already fiberglassed (after I took these pics). Pictures of handplates with cured fibergalss will be tomorrow.
2188750341_b2a585923d_b.jpg

2189538488_74da4c6a80_b.jpg

Your work is very clean! When I fiberglass or resin I have stands sticking out all over the place :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
mgrmax said:
Your work is very clean! When I fiberglass or resin I have stands sticking out all over the place :lol:
The difference is mat vs. cloth.

Skullcandy Girl said:
After you make the corrections you mentioned Robo, will the 3-piece still be available?
Yes, of course. I guess I didn't say that I was keeping them up in that post, but I said it in Bevbor's topic.
I'll be making a 2-piece and a 3-piece set, with the not-backwards faces, and add supports in both of them. :D

mgrmax said:
Always use fiberglass cloth. Fiberglass mat gets little slivers everywhere. I guess mat is supposed to soak up more resin though, but I still recommend cloth.

i made the hand plates! :D ......................................then ruined them :(
DSC03132.jpg

look what i did to them......
DSC03137.jpg

i tried to plaster them to make them harder....but instead it got rid of all the detail, and made it bumpy...
what should i do about this...i really dont want to make another.

Dang that boot looks awesome, I wish robogen's models were out when I first built my armor, I had to manually add details not in the pep models :/

rachciav said:
i made the hand plates! :D......................................then ruined them :(
DSC03132.jpg

look what i did to them......
DSC03137.jpg

i tried to plaster them to make them harder....but instead it got rid of all the detail, and made it bumpy...
what should i do about this...i really dont want to make another.

Wow. That stinks. There are only two options that I can think of to fix it.
1. Sand it down. A lot. I've never worked with plaster, so I don't know what you can do to it, but I think sanding and some dremeling could fix it.
2. Make a new one, without plaster.

you cant sand this type of plaster :(
looks like im gonna have to make a new one and mine are scaled to 50% so everything is super tiny....

bigdrock44 said:
i have a question. are the left and right hd handplates the exact same, and if not what is the difference?

I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same. The left and right are interchangeable, but I included them both for organization purposes.

rachciav said:
you cant sand this type of plaster :(
looks like im gonna have to make a new one and mine are scaled to 50% so everything is super tiny....

my advise is dont use plaster. I know your having problems getting to use resin but if you make it again but smaller then its gonna be worse. Because think of it this way is it easier to cover a big hole or a small one. With the one you have you can see where the details were. If you make it smaller then its gonna be more filled in and you may not see any detail at all. I would (if you can) just make it again the same size and leave it and work on another pep piece until you can get this resin thing sorted out weather it be you or a older friend doing the resining. Or wait until you can think of another method because if you cant sand the plaster then how are you gonna get it smooth in the first place. Sorry if it sounds like im getting on to you just trying to help. ;)

yea, if im gonna make em again in the same size, cause thats the size that fits me. then ill only plaster the inside of them, as if i were using fiberglass, and just use truck bed liner on the outside. i hope this works because those pieces are tiny!

sorry i miss read your post last night. I thought you were gonna scale it down 50% from what you just had so that the plaster wouldnt make it bigger. So I have no idea where I got that idea.

Dude these are awesome models, even the unfinished lo res versions kick ass. plus the way you scaled these things makes it so much easier to match my height. keep up the good work! (y)

I've made some modifications of the boot files, and am going to post them up maybe tonight, but probably tomorrow.

I've made a 2-piece boot to go along with the 3-piece one, and I've added supports to both of the files. The supports should keep the model in proportion better, especially when using the 3-piece one.
These supports will work with the existing boot models, so if you've assembled it, you can still be saved :D. You just have to print out the supports, and glue them into place while using the 3D model as reference to where to put them.

An update at long last. I went out today and fetched the paint for the handplates. I bought Krylon Hammered Finish in Silver and Pactra Racing Finish Candy Red. The Candy Red is a 3 oz can for painting RC vehicles, and it lasted just long enough to do 3 coats. It looks beautiful, I must say. The hammered finish looked gorgeous just on its own, then the Candy Red just made it better and better. The pictures look a bit orange, but in reality they are pure red.

2207699531_933b4036ed.jpg

2207701283_ea8f0e16cb_m.jpg 2208492604_b8c96daca4_m.jpg

I will be putting some battle damage on it, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back