HD MK V armor? Now? YES!!!! *PIC HEAVY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the question that remains: Who is going to be the first to build it..... I know what I'm doing on my next 5 days off!! Iron Man can wait!! :D

Superb job, my friend!

The models are awesome! I have already added this to my suit list!

I forgot to mention that you missed one important part to the suit, though. There is a box thing that connects with the ammo belt.

Would you ming modeling that too?

-Pony

Yeah in the other thread I asked if people wanted me to model in then or later and release the files immediately. I will get around to modeling it soon

Just so you know, you can select all the objects in Blender and then in the bottom panel there is a box for "Links and Materials" in which you click "Set Solid" at the bottom-right corner of the box. That will get rid of the nasty "smooth" effect Blender puts on some faces, apparent in the chest piece you have here:
Screenshot2010-11-05at110845PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot2010-11-05at110845PM.png
    Screenshot2010-11-05at110845PM.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 201
Just so you know, you can select all the objects in Blender and then in the bottom panel there is a box for "Links and Materials" in which you click "Set Solid" at the bottom-right corner of the box. That will get rid of the nasty "smooth" effect Blender puts on some faces, apparent in the chest piece you have here:

Well it wouldn't be nasty if you know the right modifier for it cough edgesplit COUGH!! ;) glad to help

I just built the thigh piece at a 425mm height. Had to do some additional unfolding and rotating to get it all to print on the pages. Took me about 2:40 to completely pep... wow!! Its kinda flimsy so I added some sticks as supports. Might suggest adding some support struts in the model to give it some sturdiness. Just my $0.02. EXCELLENT MODEL RHINOC!!

Holy crap this is an amazing model. It is almost exact to what I have been building from scratch for the past few months. I won't be building this model, but I will pepp most of it as a reference for the rest of my suit.

Thanks for doing this, it is great.

HELLOOOO..hellooo..elloo..loo.. ECHOOO...echooo...choo..oo....
You get the helmet modeled Rhinoc? Just wonderin :p

Sorry havent been able to work on any models lately. School has gotten me really busy and I have a lot of things almost driving me insane.

ATM the ref's I have are off, the front he seems to be looking up slightly and the side he is looking dead straight but it is not from a perfect side view. I think I might contact Moz and see if I can just edit up his model, it was just a rip, I dont think he'll mind.

http://www.4shared.com/file/oWrdvaS-/Mk_V_by_Rhinoc_Helmet.html
Ok guys, I have finally gotten this done!

The original model was ripped from Halo 1 by Moz. I spent hours making it HD and am now finally done, the insides were gutted, the visor was attached to the actual helmet, details to the top of the helmet were added, ports for LED's were added, cheek details were added, chin was slightly rounded as seen in game, details were added to the back of the helmet, vents on the chin were added, and the top back of the head was rounded. Over all I think it turned out very well. Thank you for waiting the month it took me to release this... hope you all like it!

--Rhinoc

thanks Rhinoc! Detailed like Rundown's helmet and some more, and a nice wide opening for my dome to fit in!! Now only if I knew how to unfold.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back