Hd Vs Standard Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwitchBoxx

So already started making my suit of armor. I have the chest and left forearm pieces done. I did Mark VI standard pep files, but I'm not sure about it. I don't want to get through it and it looks like a joke. I kind of want to switch over to HD pep files but I'd really hate to re-do the chest plate. It took quite a few days to get that one pepped and I'm afraid to know how long it would take to do the HD chest plate.

Will the HD be a lot better over the standard? And how weird would it look if I did standard chest piece with the rest in HD?

TwitchBoxx said:
So already started making my suit of armor. I have the chest and left forearm pieces done. I did Mark VI standard pep files, but I'm not sure about it. I don't want to get through it and it looks like a joke. I kind of want to switch over to HD pep files but I'd really hate to re-do the chest plate. It took quite a few days to get that one pepped and I'm afraid to know how long it would take to do the HD chest plate.

Will the HD be a lot better over the standard? And how weird would it look if I did standard chest piece with the rest in HD?

well.. its obvious that HD chest will stand out more but dont worry, the standard ones will still look good .. my armor consist of standard chest and bicep .. others are HD ..

SDC13065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gixxer said:
dont worry, its still look good .. my armor consist of standard chest and bicep .. others are HD ..

SDC13065.jpg

That's good. Cause I've been using Robogenesis' files, and I can't find a full suit of HD armor made by him. I'll probably stick to standard forearms since that's what I have started already but do the rest on HD.

Thanks for the help!

believe me .. u dont want a standard forearm .. its ugly .. huhu .. thats how a standard forearm looks like .. in my opinion , go HD all the way .. its gonna take ages to pep but it worth it ..

13742_1146929687494_1655119503_3676.jpg

Okay so the standard def chest looks fine, but switch up to HD for the rest?

I was looking at the hand pieces and shoes, and I didn't like the square shape for the hand. Nor did I like the one piece for a shoe (Seriously, how well is that gonna work out when you have to put that on top of a shoe? lol).

What i have noticed is that it really all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it. I myself am working on the low rez version of the MK VI and have seen some other pics from others and don't like the blocky look...but that is also all depending on the time you want to put in it on the detail end. I am going to see about getting my LR version pretty smooth and detailed so it wont look too blocky, then i am going to work on the high rez version. This way i have a low rez for whatever i want while i am working on the high rez which takes more time to put together.

Just my two cents....

Right. I'd just hate for all that time with the chest plate to go to waste, ya know?

I'd be just fine putting in the extra time for the high res ones. I'd rather spend some more time to make it look better. I can't imagine it would take a horrible amount longer either.

yes .. go HD for the rest ... for the chest, there's not much a different with standard and hd .. most of the details are at the back ..those standard pieces are from robogenesis's pep file .. and if you noticed, almost all armor pieces are square-ish ... LOL

p/s: the second picture (standard peps) is a very rush job .. only 3 weeks after work .. so i dont really have time to smooth the boxy look with bondo ..

Gixxer said:
yes .. go HD for the rest ... for the chest, there's not much a different with standard and hd .. most of the details are at the back ..those standard pieces are from robogenesis's pep file .. and if you noticed, almost all armor pieces are square-ish ... LOL

Yeah. I mostly want to look at it (or look in the mirror) and think 'Man do I look bad-a**!' lol

If I wanted a block-y look I would have just gone with the halo 1 mark v armor

TwitchBoxx said:
Right. I'd just hate for all that time with the chest plate to go to waste, ya know?

I'd be just fine putting in the extra time for the high res ones. I'd rather spend some more time to make it look better. I can't imagine it would take a horrible amount longer either.

I know exactly what you mean...i have made 1 extra of these pieces before i got the sizing down and it working right: chest (made the standard size and it was HUGE), left forearm, and cod/belt piece.

After i made the chest way too big i did not touch the pep work for another month and a half....it sucks but i got back on track and am making things at a steady pace now.

I think the chest plate will be alright at where it's at now. Maybe someday I'll remake it once I get the rest done and I'm ready to go at that piece again lol

Anybody have links to where I can get the HD files at now?

This site doesn't have the thigh or shin pieces for Mark VI high def...

Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but there is a LOT of difference between HD and standard when it comes to the chest piece. The standard version is much blockier and lacks a ton of detail on the back and sides. Also, if you want that smooth look on the front piece, you'll be doing much more bondo work than you'll want to. For the rest of the HD pieces, check out crackhead09's thread or any of the other threads that have asked about it lately for the link.

mc hammer time said:
Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but there is a LOT of difference between HD and standard when it comes to the chest piece. The standard version is much blockier and lacks a ton of detail on the back and sides. Also, if you want that smooth look on the front piece, you'll be doing much more bondo work than you'll want to. For the rest of the HD pieces, check out crackhead09's thread or any of the other threads that have asked about it lately for the link.

During the thread I was thinking more and more that I'd like to re-do the chest plate, but not now. I'm going to do other pieces first and the chest later once I get that frustration from that piece out of my system. Also, thanks for telling me where to look. This site and another site as dead links or no files for me to get a full HD suit.

[quote name=%25252526%2525252339%2525253Bmc%2525252520hammer%2525252520time%25252526%2525252339%2525253B date='15 April 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1271395842' post='416018']

[/quote]

He's right, the HD chest is definitely the way to go. As for the other pieces I'd start out with the medium definition forearms and then to the HD pieces, they're not that bad. Especially with a smooth unfold you won't have to deal with many little pieces. The halo pepakura wiki is your new best friend, it has most of the pep files http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index. Also, I believe that Halogoddess has the shins and forearms for a more feminine build in her Hayabusa thread. If you need anymore files send me a PM, If I don't have them, I can find them, also if you need anything re-unfolded I'll see what I can do. ;)

i havent started making my armor yet but i guess since we are here we want something more cool than a simple outfit.

my choice is full hd!the way i see it making a masterpiece is more of a matter of how much time youre prepared to work on it.yeah skill is one thing but patience is also important.

i chooce the hd knowing it will take forever to make...but when i see the end resolt on peoples galleries i just say to my self "shut the hell up" and work work work!!!

in the end everyones gonna be jealous of your awesome armor!

I have halogoddess' forearms and shins, but tho I am female I kind of a guy build. I think her forearms will work great but then the rest will be HD by other people. I found a mixture of crackhead's and squirrel's work for the rest of the armor. I just made the first cut into a new forearm piece so wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back