he4thbar's 1st Build(complete) - ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my last update I have cut and fit my chest armor, constructed my belt, stomach, crotch, hip, and side plates!
I also sanded the inside and outside of my helmet so I'm ready to Bondo..
I also kwiksealed and sanded down seams to be more flush on all my armor pieces

Here's a selfie of my progress before I constructed the pieces and fixed the seams in the 2nd pic.
IMG_20190717_213001.jpg IMG_20190723_224454.jpg
I messed up the stomach plate circle so I think I'm just gonna give it "battle damage" to "solve" that issue.
And add nylon strapping to the plates.
I also have to cut down the neck guard for the helmet to fit better and not ride on the guard.

Last edited:
Looking good! Your build is coming along nicely.
Thank you! appreciate the support, got some suggestions from harris on having to use web strapping and d rings for my crotch, side and hip plates so hopefully they will look good after that. hope to try and bondo and finish my helmet next week thursday or friday because I have vacation..

Also you were definitly right about the neck guard.

Last edited:
Small update; Butt plate constructed.
Had to put more work into this one then I thought I would, but I got to test my skills with my 1/4" foam for the ridges and I'm content with how it turned out. Probably Kwik seal a little and be done with it. At least working with the small foam will prepare me for the gauntlets I'm about to work on.
JPEG_20190729_213204.jpgJPEG_20190729_213219.jpg

Small update; Butt plate constructed.
Had to put more work into this one then I thought I would, but I got to test my skills with my 1/4" foam for the ridges and I'm content with how it turned out. Probably Kwik seal a little and be done with it. At least working with the small foam will prepare me for the gauntlets I'm about to work on.
View attachment 274971View attachment 274972
It's staring at me...

Bondoing is complete, did my first pass with putty knives, mini popsicle sticks, and cut up laminate folder. (Also used a 9mm box cutter to clean up edges)
After that was complete I came back and filled the negative and smoothed out the edges using my hands (in nitrile gloves)
IMG_20190802_174203.jpg IMG_20190802_174145.jpg IMG_20190802_174152.jpg

Next step, Sanding!

You a totally did a really good job with application, ut what I was referring to before is sand your small section first and then apply to the other section and repeat, but looking at how well it turned out, this looks like you may be able to get away with it :)

You a totally did a really good job with application, ut what I was referring to before is sand your small section first and then apply to the other section and repeat, but looking at how well it turned out, this looks like you may be able to get away with it :)
Hmmm that probably would have been smarter but I think after 6 hours of Bondo applying I was ready to be done . I think with how I applied it I should be good, this is what my first layer looked like
JPEG_20190802_145324.jpg

Thighs constructed. Maybe a little detail to add, but they fit pretty good and I think look good. Probably will strap them to my belt to hold them up though so I can bend my knees
IMG_20190813_220244.jpg received_642360166254753.jpeg
Maybe also rotor the insides a little bit so my bdu pants can fit through easier.

Last edited:
Have considering using velcro or snaps to attach them to your undersuit?
I actually bought some snap fastners at my army surplus store so maybe I'll try those(might not work cuz of what they were intended for. My deadline is oct. 26th so I guess depending on how much time I have after painting that might be a better option, I may just end up buying a meh black shirt then instead of using my nice underarmor one.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just hope their easy to get installed.
I think I should be able to do that though and it will look more seamless.

I sewed both sleeves of both my Reach and H4 MK VI under suits backwards. Don't feel too bad.

I am impressed with the work you've got going here. What kind of paint scheme are you planning?

View attachment 276154View attachment 276153View attachment 276152
This is how I did mine.
Comparing my shoulder mounts to yours.... I think I installed mine backwards! Lol.
These pictures helped so much thank you! I was wondering how I was going to get the snaps on the foam, never occured to me I could just put them on nylon strapping and cement it to the foam. I will definitly be using snaps now!! (even for thighs)
And yeah I figured the long piece goes on the inside cuz sometimes people have a bicep piece so maybe thats why.
I sewed both sleeves of both my Reach and H4 MK VI under suits backwards. Don't feel too bad.

I am impressed with the work you've got going here. What kind of paint scheme are you planning?
NobleofDeath16 suggested montana black "Rhino" spray paint color so that will be my base coat! trying to go for more game accurate ODST coloring. probably a dirty white for some of the secondary colors(probably just acryllic that) kind of like rookie. and then weathering of course
montana-black-blk7070-rhino-spray-paint-400ml-p2570-51751_image.jpg
Thanks for the compliment! i'm really loving the scale of coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back