Hello.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho610

Hi, all you 405th people.

FIRST- I'm just about to start my armor. I have everything I need but one thing the Card stock, but I want to ask? Will cardboard work because my parents have tons of it from moving, and i wasted all my money on all the other stuff and don't have much time to get it.

SECOND- I'm not making a MASTER CHIEF costume. I'm making a Spartan Costume!

LAST- I'm going to start soon and wanting to know if cardboard will work?

Thanks,

Psycho610

Cardboard can work if used correctly, but is much more difficult to pull off and requires more experience with making accurate folds and shapes.

A pack of 150-250 sheets of cardstock is around, if not less than, $5 USD, so I'm sure you can go out and buy some at your local Wal-Mart or place that sells regular printer paper on a budget.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Master chief IS a Spartan, FYI.

I know That he is. I'm saying everyone makes a master chief costume, And I don't want a master chief suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psycho610 said:
I know That he is. I'm saying everyone makes a master chief costume, And I don't want a master chief suit.

As in, you don't want to make your armor green, like the Chief?

Standard color for the Spartan Armor IS Green, but feel free to choose your own color. ;)

Important thing here, is that you build it how you want it. It is you that will own and wear it.

Welcome to the forum.

~Walter

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
As in, you don't want to make your armor green, like the Chief?

Standard color for the Spartan Armor IS Green, but feel free to choose your own color. ;)

Well yea ,also every one calls it a master chief suit and ill have different helmet.

Cardboard can be pretty handy, but for the best results armor wise, spring the xtra 5-10 bucks and get card stock. It will save you a lot of headaches design wise.

One use for all the extra cardboard you have is making a spray paint friendly area. You can use the board as trash sheets to set your pieces up on and that will save your yard or garage from getting colored on. I didn't have any cardboard or drop cloths when I did my armor and I sort of...ended up painting the yard. It was olive green but...you can imagine our neighbors thought we were trying to cheat by making fake green grass ;).

If you do use cardboard, check out some of the stuff that Bevbor has done. The way that he had made his cardboard armor might help you to avoid some mistakes and headaches.

HELLO.....

Okay tomorrow or should I say later today I'm getting the Card stock paper.

And then I shall start the suit. One thing tho? What should I start with first?? The hardest Parts like the helmet and chest, or go easy first???

Please Reply!

Easy parts first! Or more specifically, parts that you can get away with flaws more easily (boot pieces for example...not too many people staring at feet these days) Get some experience and learn all the little lessons for your fancy showpieces that will attract the most attention, like the helmet.

Ah...if I could apply all the lessons I learned from doing my helmet back at square one...but too late. I have to now save them for when I remake it.

Well I wasn't able to get the Card Stock today and i'm pissed about it!!

But here is what I have tell me if i,m missing something other than Cardstock

-All Purpose fiber glass Resin

-9sq. feet of fiber glass

-gloves

-goggles

-brushes

-mask

-ink

-glue

-tape

Idk thats what I have tell me if i am missing something or need to change it

Psycho610 said:
Well I wasn't able to get the Card Stock today and i'm pissed about it!!

But here is what I have tell me if i,m missing something other than Cardstock

-All Purpose fiber glass Resin

-9sq. feet of fiber glass

-gloves

-goggles

-brushes

-mask

-ink

-glue

-tape

Idk thats what I have tell me if i am missing something or need to change it

Bondo body filler, primer, and paint. (May I ask, what is the ink for?)

if you're looking to make weapons, I would save some of that cardboard. I've seen quite a few weapons people on here have made out of cardboard, and they look quite nifty.

You could go the paste on the printed out images onto the cardboard approach to make the weapons also, it WILL provide a lot more support since its very difficult to gain easy access to the inside of the gun to reinforce it the standard way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back