Helmet / Armor Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Alex here. I joined up a week ago and I got started on my armor yesturday. I finished putting my helmet peices together and I glued it last night. I'm gonna resin it sometime this week hopefully. But before I get too far into this project I want to have my stuff and suplies all bought and ready to use. If i can get my scanner to work I'll upload the plans I drew out. Basically i'm going to make a full jet black suit of armor. And if I can get the film developed, and the pics scanned, I'll show what i've got done so for.

But here's where I find a few wrenches in my plans: I can't decide on two important details. The first is: should I go with the traditional gold visor or with a black visor that won't stick out so much? The second is: should the jolly rodger I'm going to paint on my shoulder, the side of my helmet, and on my backpack be traditional white or blood red. I'm gonna finish what I can on the helmet and move on to the torso section, but whatever you guys think is cooler would help the decision making a lot. Just let me know: there is no bad answer, i just want to know what everyone thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh dude, decision threads aren't usually allowed, just a heads up lol. But I would go with the gold visor, red emblem. You could always claim it's a zombie Spartan!

I would go with the black visor/white emlem (and armor detail?). Just a thought. I think white detail on certain parts would make it pretty sweet.

I would go with the gold visor personally. Unless you are planning to sneak around at night with it, I believe the gold visor will break up the monochromality (new word, just invented it) up the suit, which will help to give it some detail and definition. If you go all black, you risk losing that detail and definition that can really make your armor pop. Think of it this way. In awesome ninja movies, the ninja wears all black, but this helps his eyes, the window to his soul, to stand out all the more. The eye will be naturally drawn to the visor, meaning that people will have trouble keeping their eyes off your face.

Just my opinion though.

alright. thanks for the posts people. The jolly roger will definitely be red. I'll wait a few more days to see what other people say on the visor though. I'm kinda biased towards the black visor as I AM making stealth armor... but I'll listen to y'alls opinions some more before I order the visor.

Gun nut Alex said:
alright. thanks for the posts people. The jolly roger will definitely be red. I'll wait a few more days to see what other people say on the visor though. I'm kinda biased towards the black visor as I AM making stealth armor... but I'll listen to y'alls opinions some more before I order the visor.

Cool! sounds like a good idea, but a little suggestion so you don't get in trouble, usually these "indescision" threads arn't allowed. Just a friendly reminder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back