Helmet finishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys i have been wondering in many ways how i could add more details and make my helmet more comfortable.
I have been thinking about getting some sort of padding for my current molded helmet but im not sure how i sould approach with that. i know you can buy helmet padding from the internet for as low as 10dollars but i do not have a credit card so i am unable to purchase anything from the internet.
So do you guys know what would be my best solution to get some sort of padding or make it myself. also i cannot buy the padding here in europe (living in switzerland currently)
if you want to buy a motorcycle helmet it will cost you around 300CHF (around 180-200 dollars) also i have only found one spezialized store which sells padding seperately but appearantly it is 'SPECIAL' padding and it will cost you more then the helmet.

So im wishing you guys could help.

(i also won my schools "Best Halloween costume contest" (the price was 1 kg/2pounds of candy i donated them to my class mates since i dont eat candy) with an unfinished armor. there are around 1700people in my school and... well... many costumes... mine wasnt even finished... LOL!)

ps. if you have any other solutions for my molded helmet or (my 2nd pepakura helmet) on how to add more detail i would gladly take them here.

You could use sponges. They're cheap and soft, but they're kinda tacky looking. I suppose you could cover them, though.

Gunnz777 said:
You could use sponges. They're cheap and soft, but they're kinda tacky looking. I suppose you could cover them, though.

That might work... ill see about that.

But dont they absorb alot of dust?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. I'm using them in my helmet, and they work perfectly. They keep the helmet on your head very well.

Gunnz777 said:
I don't think so. I'm using them in my helmet, and they work perfectly. They keep the helmet on your head very well.

Yeah might be i just have to hope that it doesnt absorb the dust like chalk since it would make it a pain to breath (since the ventilation is still not the best of its kind)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back