Helmet Padding

Status
Not open for further replies.

zub2zero

hello 405th Members i  have a question.

i'm making my MC mark V helmet, now i pepped my helmet but the helmet doesnt fit 100% right and i think when im done with the resin fase the helmet wil wiggle and wont stay on right.

so im going to padd my helmet but with what. how did you guy's do it any tip would be helpfull.

if there is already a topic about it. im soryy but i couldnt find it.

online.jpg

I would try some type of foam. It's soft (comfort), cheap (moneys ;) ), and it just seems like a good type of padding. Try looking around at Wal-Mart, they usually have something.

What Potshot said. Most fabric and craft stores have big sheets of foam you can cut up and glue in there. If you want to be REALLY high class, you could use motorcycle or bicycle helmet pads, but that's going a bit overboard for a first helmet.

yeah im justgonna go to my local home depot for every step after pep because they should have everything, maybe not the mat, but I know where to look for that
wink.gif

but yeah regular 1" foam padding can be bought on the cheap, and can be installed with simple things, like velcro or super glue, of course the padding will also insulate the helmet, making it warmer, so you might want to consider ventilation

tnx for the tips so far.

i would love to go to Wal-mart but ill have to travel to america becaus they dont have none in the netherlands. i thought about foam but that wouldnt look al that good. i would need a way to make the look slik to.

motorcycle helmet padding

ya upholstrey foam is a great way to do it, its cheap and comfy.

but has anyone ever used cold foam? My predator mask is filled with a sort of "cold" foam that is nice and snug to my head and fills in all the areas that you normally wouldn't be able to get too.

i recetl built an odst helmet that i padded with some old novelty helmets so you shoult try checking out yard sales thats where i get all of my random supplys and my helmet looked great, fit well, and was very comfortable.

I made an ODST Helmet for my nephew and since the helmet originally fit me and he's only 9 I had to add padding. I went to a fabric store and bought 1 inch high-density foam. I cut out just certain shapes (for the top, sides, and front) to make it fit snugly but also left lots of space for airflow. Originally I wanted to make a fabric casing for it but didn't have the time so I took an exacto knife and cut grooves into it to make it look sectioned, like padding for riot gear or something.

I also spray painted it the same dark blue I used for the helmet stripe. It turned out looking really cool and simple. You couldn't see it when your wearing it and even when you look into the helmet it looks like that's how it should be. I had to double layer in some area and I only used half of the 15" square that I bought. It cost me less than $5 and looks good.

I used the high density foam from the neighborhood fabric store similar to other people here, but I went and 'gift wrapped' it in a piece of fabric first. It was really easy to do and it added a lot to the presentation...it was more comfortable too.

wow tnx for the great tip guys i think i have a pretty good idea now ill try something and let you know how it turnd out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back