Helmet Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipper

Jr Member
Is my helmet too big for me in these pictures.

When I have it on my head, I can move my head around it at least a couple inches on all sides.

IMG_0292-1.jpg

IMG_0293-1.jpg

IMG_0291-1.jpg

he's right you should look at the tuts in the pepakura forum t has a bunch of things that will help

you need to redo it and scale it right.

Ok, thanks for the information.

It was another helmet I took from a molding section and unfolded it in pepakura. The scale said 0.693..., but it turned out it was over 30cm.

I guess the tutorials were right saying it was scaled for a 7 foot supersoldier.

AoBfrost, Today, 08:33 PM
Yes it is, you didnt scale it right, me being 5'8'' I used 26.5 centimeters, as the height.

How does your helmet fit, because I am also 5'8". I scaled it down to 22cm, but I'm still debating whether or not that is a good size.

-Edit-

I have the measurements set for 22.0cm high, 19.2cm wide, and 28.6cm deep. I think that might do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
how old are you? you look young, i wonder if the helmet would fit a bigger guy... if so, you should finish it and put it on ebay, it would be alot better than those legendary edition pieces of crap that people are trying to pawn off..

christ said:
how old are you? you look young, i wonder if the helmet would fit a bigger guy... if so, you should finish it and put it on ebay, it would be alot better than those legendary edition pieces of crap that people are trying to pawn off..

I'm only 15 right now, but I don't know how much a good quality helmet would sell for.

I also have a question on the visor...

Would it be okay if I bought a cheap visor and then put on a gold tint? (Actual tinted visors cost upwards of $100 where I live)

tipper said:
I'm only 15 right now, but I don't know how much a good quality helmet would sell for.

I also have a question on the visor...

Would it be okay if I bought a cheap visor and then put on a gold tint? (Actual tinted visors cost upwards of $100 where I live)

22 cm is small... I would really suggest 25 as a minimum for anyone 14 and up with an average sized mellon...

Tinting a visor would be ok, if it were realatively flat, but it may wrinkle... think of it like a basketball in wrapping paper... it will be hard to get flat and smooth...

Spase said:
Tinting a visor would be ok, if it were realatively flat, but it may wrinkle... think of it like a basketball in wrapping paper... it will be hard to get flat and smooth...

The tint is a snowmobile visor tint. It's a relatively flat visor too, but there are other visors that could do with a straight tint on the visor. If anyone's looking for that double-visor look (Next year for me), buying a tinted visor, then applying another layer of tint would be a cheaper idea than buying two tinted visors and cutting them (Not that I'm beating down someone else's ideas, the double visor made of 2 visors looks amazing).

Anyways, I am scaling up to about 25cm. That should do for an average sized person.

Ok, so I finally got the scaling right on the new H3 Helmets that Slyfo gave out.

I think it looks pretty good, but I would like some opinions before I start to fiberglass today.

IMG_0293-2.jpg

IMG_0292-2.jpg

IMG_0291-2.jpg

Flyerfye said:
This topic is TWO YEARS OLD. Please please PLEASE take a look at the post date before responding...

I laugh at the accidental incompetence of people.

ARMYofONE2469 said:
Dude your vents are WHACK! but i just think you need more experiance in pepping stuff.

Nice first couple helms though, i would try something NOT HD. like marine armor or low Detail pep files.

i think you need more experience with a calender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back