Helmet questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsson2010

On my first helmet I'm working on, I just finished the last resining and started to sand it.<ul>[*]Well first off is that it has a lot of kinks and stuff in it that I don't want to show. Should I put Bondo over it to make it a flat round surface (even though I don't really know what Bondo is), oh and it's the front of the helmet that's bumpy incase anyone wanted to know.[*]After a few minutes of sanding I went through the paper where there wasn't resin cloth, should I Bondo that too?[*]How the hell am I suppost to breathe? I put it on for a minute or two to see how it looked and I couldn't get any air, how did you guys do it?[*]The helmet is a little big and slides around on my head, how did everyone else get their helmet to stay on?[/list]Any help is welcome, thanks.

On my first helmet I'm working on, I just finished the last resining and started to sand it.<ul>[*]Well first off is that it has a lot of kinks and stuff in it that I don't want to show. Should I put Bondo over it to make it a flat round surface (even though I don't really know what Bondo is), oh and it's the front of the helmet that's bumpy incase anyone wanted to know.[*]After a few minutes of sanding I went through the paper where there wasn't resin cloth, should I Bondo that too?[*]How the hell am I suppost to breathe? I put it on for a minute or two to see how it looked and I couldn't get any air, how did you guys do it?[*]The helmet is a little big and slides around on my head, how did everyone else get their helmet to stay on?[/list]Any help is welcome, thanks.<ul>[*]Bondo body filler. It fills all kinks, pepakura tab folds, hot glue indentations, anything.[*]You might not want to, but you can try. I would just glass it again.[*]Tubes. Take a tube and attach it from the mouthpiece to the back, bottom, top?, anywhere it wont show.[*]When its done, you put in padding on the sides and top. Insert a CPU fan for extra cooling.[/list]Hope that helps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timmy2guns @ Oct 10 2007, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><ul>[*]Bondo body filler. It fills all kinks, pepakura tab folds, hot glue indentations, anything.[*]You might not want to, but you can try. I would just glass it again.[*]Tubes. Take a tube and attach it from the mouthpiece to the back, bottom, top?, anywhere it wont show.[*]When its done, you put in padding on the sides and top. Insert a CPU fan for extra cooling.[/list]Hope that helps. </div>

That helps :). But is there another way to breathe without tubes because breathing through a tube seems so unnecessary and annoying. I can't think of anything else though. Maybe poke holes through the front or something?

You should be getting sufficient air through the neck hole, but if not, slit some vents in the rear and install a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back