Status
Not open for further replies.

JTF4

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Stream Team
Member DIN
S054
I've been toying around with possibly building a MK7 helmet while I'm waiting on the finishing materials for my MK6 armor to come in. The biggest thing I've run into is sizing the helmet properly.

When you go to build a helmet, how large should you aim to make it in relation to your head in order to make it look proper? How far down your face should the front go? edit: how far down should it go on your neck?

Last edited:
I recently printed a MK6 helmet and the first thing I did was measure the opening. Made sure that I'd be able to put it on without wearing it like a hat and continued to check that the Z and Y measurements would fit my head too. In the end, I scaled it in proportion with itself and allowed about 1.5cm of extra width for my ears. It fits great! I upscaled my torso print just a bit so everything looks scaled right.

IMG_1955.jpg20210722_173447.jpg
There really isn't much of my head or jaw that isn't inside of the helmet, just my beard really! Even if you have a more pronounced jaw I'm sure wearing a snoopy cap or something similar would hide anything not in the helmet. If you're doing pepakura or using thinner foam the same idea should apply, had a MK5B helm years ago that fit just fine.

Last edited:
Perfect! That helps a lot. I’ll finish scaling my MK7 helmet and see how it goes!

Best of luck! I've found that the MK6 is almost practical to wear, fits good and you can see out without much of anything blocking your vision. Curious to see if these newer helmets will be similar in design.

Not gonna lie, the standard MK7 helmet that I’ve seen in the infinite release pictures seems to also have a really good field of view. It’s more similar to the odst helmet where the contour of the visor follows your usable field of view.

What happened? Did you end up with a helmet that was way too small?

One was too small….one was too big…… my centurion helmet took 8 tries for various reasons until Duke made it and shipped it cross country. My current build the Argus, got it on the 3rd try. Middle of fiberglassing it now.

LOL

do you have a build thread for the centurion helmet? I want to see pictures of this!

One was too small….one was too big…… my centurion helmet took 8 tries for various reasons until Duke made it and shipped it cross country. My current build the Argus, got it on the 3rd try. Middle of fiberglassing it now.
Please tell me we will get some pictures soon

I took the idea from Uncle Jessie but expanded on it; I 3D printed some slices (cross sections) of the ODST helmet to see how it would fit. I did the opening, the widest part and then a vertical section so I could see how it all fit. I added some foam to simulate the padding that will go inside.

Attachments

• DSC_0251.png
    DSC_0251.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0253.png
    DSC_0253.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back