Helmet sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlethal034

So I’m starting to print my halo reach cosplay starting with my lovely operator helmet, I got the print from nerdforge and it’s fabulous. I was wondering before I slice the files and print the pieces how much space do you generally leave in your helmet to fit padding fans etc.? I have access to a 3d scanner so I’ll get a scan of my head and size the helmet accordingly on meshmixer.

i think the more important thing is to make sure your head will fit in the opening, if you can do that there should be room in the helmet for padding and fans and stuff. one way to check is to cut the model so you have a cm of just the opening ring and print that then stick your head through. size up or down from there and you should be good.

I've seen people make their helmets in such a way that part of the back comes off to allow their head in. Most of the helmets (that I'm aware of) have openings that are too small to get one's head through so a helmet with a big enough opening would look very large when worn. Having a removable piece that makes the opening wider allows the 'false' opening and the rest of the helmet to be scaled correctly.

yes, i do mean that kind of opening. Youll want to make sure it fits your head

I've seen people make their helmets in such a way that part of the back comes off to allow their head in. Most of the helmets (that I'm aware of) have openings that are too small to get one's head through so a helmet with a big enough opening would look very large when worn. Having a removable piece that makes the opening wider allows the 'false' opening and the rest of the helmet to be scaled correctly.
yes, i do mean that kind of opening. Youll want to make sure it fits your head
This helmet does have that kind of opening thank you both for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back