Helmet too small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Jr Member
Well I finished the pep for my first helmet (its a mk VI).

Turns out I scaled it wrong >_<

I know my head physically fits inside the helmet, but the collar is too small for me, any bright engineering ideas? ;_; my PDO is slyfo's mk VI helmet. I could break two folds in the collar, but will it have enough give to slip around my head after Ive resined it?

I have the opposite problem...My helmet is too big. I just finished the resin and fiberglassing mine today. There is no give at all, so if it forms around your head just barely now, then I would just use this one as a practice helmet to get you form down. Thats what i'm doing but as far as that collar goes I have heard about people cutting that before so I would say go for that. Good luck to you!!! I know I'll need it.

what kind of helmet did you make? Maybe we can swap :p

EDIT: have you padded yours yet? that takes up space as I understand

I know my head physically fits inside the helmet, but the collar is too small for me, any bright engineering ideas?
The neck holes are typically supposed to be cut to fit, not preserved as-is. Just cut it to make it bigger. Like Dark Star said, make sure you take into account any padding you intend to add as well.

Theres no hope for it -_- the helmets way too small. Im not gonna be able to finish in time for halloween, my goal is to now do it without losing sleep every night, so it should be here before christmas. I got the small one built in 4 days but I felt like **** at school, so Im taking it easy for a while.

EDIT: quick update, got the new cardstock sheets and this one is a better PDO, I actually compared them this time, I'll be very disappointed in my self if this isn't resined by November.

I haven't done any padding yet, so i'm hoping I'll be able to salvage it. I'm doing the Mk VI too. I'm after looking over my fiberglassing I need to touch up a few spots but its not terrible for my first try. Are you doing a whole suit or just helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back