Helmet types and comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm take pictures of your helmet at the same angles of the pictures he posted on page 1 and then someone can photoshop it into the picture like ,umm i think it was adam, did with blue realms he added into the picture, then if everyone dose it we can have all the helmets comparison and when someone adds a new one photoshop it in there too.....if feels like i just retyped my last post XD

i regret battle damaging it... :slap:

IMG_0001-20.jpg

IMG_0006-9.jpg

IMG_0002-20.jpg

IMG_0005-8.jpg

If your not pleased with having weathered it, can't you just repaint it? Honestly for a cardboard one I'm quite impressed.

id have to re-sand everything to make the paint level and i have about 6 coats of silver and blue, and one coat of black on it...

thanks for the complement

I'll post my 2 cents in here too, with my helmet.

This is a good thread, I've been wanting to compare them all side by side for some time. Thanks!

Update on some info, requested and otherwise. Weights and dimensions of the posted three helmets. This should make it easier to scale photoshopped helmets into the reference set.

Weight is in pounds (finished helmets can vary depending on the loadout so I rounded to the nearest .5 lbs) and dimensions are length (from chin to back of helmet), width (cheeklight to cheeklight), and height (cheeklights to top) in centimeters

Helmets
NAS- 3 lbs (raw) 4.5 (finished), L-46, W-30, H-26

War- 5.5lbs (finished), L-35, W-25, H-21

Westerfield- .5lbs (painted, no lights etc.), L-32, W-21, H-19

I'll add in the Mk V when it's finished, as well as others I'm in the process of aquiring when I get them. ;-)

Jordan Roajs said:
wat does a war helmet look like????
amd is it worth it {u know to buy it} :mrgreen:

The trick is to look for bullet holes, and er, um blood too. preferably not red blood, but purple, and green blood is fine.

Oh and you might consider buying some febreeze too, it might abit stanky, :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the easiest way to measure your head? And how does helmet measurements transfer into head measurements? At least so I know what the basic size should be so it will fit around my head.

To create a battle damaged or ('war') item you should do the following:
-Possibly add bullet holes
-Add Plasma scorches
-Green or purple blood, to make it as if your kicking alien @$$.
For weathering (think Sandtrooper), there are so many tutorials...
And don't over do it, you'll look like you just steppped out of mud, or you will look like you just got hit by a truck. :p
Here's some links to some good examples of battle scars and weathering, Star Wars...

GOOD Battle Damage will be done with good taste, such as below
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember...amp;costumeID=2

GOOD Weathering will be not too much, but just enough to create the perfect desert look.
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember...amp;costumeID=2

I added myself in to the comparison... I made a best guess at the scale, judging by the measurements that Sigma gave. I didn't have pics readily available for all angles.... gonna have to shoot again.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

Great Sean! That new helmet is very kickass. Don't worry about the scale too much though, I can always reshoot it later. I think if we can add link's in as well, that'll be most of the major suppliers.

To everybody else- If you've made a helmet, photoshop that thing in here!

I'm very very partial to the dual layer visors. I really think that it makes the helmets look much more professional. Great job, Sean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back