Helmet vs Paintball gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiros

Hey all so not sure if this was posted yet or not but these pictures are from Jeremie Sloan. Often there are members who want to buy a helmet or make a helmet for paintball/airsoft use as well as armor. We always recommend against it, well he decided to show everyone what happens to a high quality resin casted helmet. When members ask about making stuff for paintball/airsoft and they want full armor, you should always wear approved gear for the sports have said use foam armor but use it over proper gear, yes the foam will get destroyed but at least the proper gear will make sure you stay safe.
paintball_zpsmy2p12eg.jpg
paintball2_zps1n3nbt8j.jpg
paintball3_zpsxsdgtxb1.jpg

Attachments

• paintball_zpsmy2p12eg.jpg
    paintball_zpsmy2p12eg.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 265
  • paintball2_zps1n3nbt8j.jpg
    paintball2_zps1n3nbt8j.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 301
  • paintball3_zpsxsdgtxb1.jpg
    paintball3_zpsxsdgtxb1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 291
Thank you jeremie for the sacrarice of a cast to show the dangers..... ( I only wish I had my High speed cam to capture the carnage! )

Good heavens, yeah even with a few layers of bondo and reinforcement it still cant hold up to a projectile. But thanks for showing us it isnt meant for use in that area.

I plan to start work on a full safety briefing for newer members in the not-too-distant future. I'll consider adding this information to the project - thanks kindly for the input here, though, I'm hopeful that it will discourage people from attempting something foolhardy.

I plan to start work on a full safety briefing for newer members in the not-too-distant future. I'll consider adding this information to the project - thanks kindly for the input here, though, I'm hopeful that it will discourage people from attempting something foolhardy.

If you need any more "durability testing" videos and anyone has any blemished casts to offer up, be sure to let me know. I have a fairly decent array of paintball and airsoft guns at my disposal. As well, I've got about 15 years of paintball experience and firearm use under my belt, so I'd be more than willing to assist with the safety briefing in regards to those topics.

If you need any more "durability testing" videos and anyone has any blemished casts to offer up, be sure to let me know. I have a fairly decent array of paintball and airsoft guns at my disposal. As well, I've got about 15 years of paintball experience and firearm use under my belt, so I'd be more than willing to assist with the safety briefing in regards to those topics.

That would be pretty nice - probably the bulk of the information won't be included in the primer, I'm considering more having the information linked but made clearly available. The site as it stands now has a major issue with content and information accessibility, and this is a very important subject that needs to be made more easy to find.

While I dont actually paintball or anything, if you need any pics of the helmet that is approved for airsofting, I own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back