Help/Advice with character voice acting lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTAB01

Hello dudes and dudettes!

Alright, so this will be a somewhat short post compared to my previous post about my ambition build, but it follows the same suit of armor and it's character.

Basically, to sum it up, I'm working on a new suit of armor that I am aiming to fit a certain persona that I aim to achieve by the use of pre-recorded lines and sound effects that can be activated by pressing buttons that will be in my suit's gloves. This system will have eight buttons, each button having up to ten different sounds recorded into them. A button can be used for confirming something, lines to disagree to something, adding to the character lore, giving orders, or Halo Smart AI responses to the character, as well as prop sounds effects.

So, I need some advice to help find a voice that sounds like the voice of Locus from RvB, minus sounding like chronically being stuck inside of a toilet. However, I aim for the voice to be a little more tense and almost have that straight-to-the-point-dead-inside-I've-seen-some-****-I-want-to-unsee voice. With perhaps an AI sounding something along the lines of Freckles from RvB, or maybe even a female AI that I have yet to decide on. Obviously the main voice and AI voice, if the AI is not female, would need a voice changer. But what it also comes down to is finding dialogue. If y'all have ideas for lines and dialogue, let me know in the comments too please!

See ya on the other side,
TheTAB01 (aka Akeno)

I'm (hopefully) going to do be doing some voice recording for a HL2 map soon, and a while ago found this tutorial. Followed it through and it didn't turn out too bad for a first attempt. It uses Audacity.
You could probably play around a bit and make some lines to sound like Locus! I would need to rewatch a bit of RvB to be able to think of lines.

You could either sample lines from the show (that would involve getting the content and chopping it up into soundbites. Or you could use something like Reaper to record yourself or someone you know with a similar voice, then play with some of the EQ and Filter settings until you get it how you want it to sound. Not difficult, just a lot of work.

You could either sample lines from the show (that would involve getting the content and chopping it up into soundbites. Or you could use something like Reaper to record yourself or someone you know with a similar voice, then play with some of the EQ and Filter settings until you get it how you want it to sound. Not difficult, just a lot of work.
Ive never heard of Reaper before, it looks like an awesome program, I'll certainly have to try it out. Thanks!

Just a little bump to cycle this up, but does anyone more have some advice for finding people who would fittingly be able to voice act or to what other programs to use?

i have a program called audacity and i use it to do the darth vader voice recordings. i have a deep voice and if you want to send me some lines you are wanting i will give it a try for ya. I need a weapon! just pm me the line you want just send me two or three and i will make some samples for you to hear and then you can decide what you want..

I'm also happy to do some voice acting, I've had an interest in it since watching a bonus clip on SSX Tricky. While I have done some co-curricular acting classes I've never done voice acting for anything major so like marinesniper, willing to give it a shot. I know there are sites where you can go to look for professional voice talent, though I'm not aware of any particular ones.
As for programs, eeehhh... Audacity is really all I know. I don't do much audio editing so I don't really shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back