Help! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, well recently, i downloaded a supposed "full reach suit in.obj format" (i forgot the actual name of the file) but it actually downloaded a virus.. ( yes. i know i was very gullible. i was in a hurry and downloading many files at once and lost track of which is which) but i installed avira in safe mode and I was able to remove the virus. great news right? no. it turns out that the quarrantine of the virus uninstalled some of the TSP/IP parts which I need to go on the internet. now i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it still does not work. I didnt make a restore point on my computer before any of this. anyways im not planning to use sysem restore.and i really dont want to tell my dad that i jacked up the computer for the 3rd time and rebuild it completely which will cause the uninstalling of every single one of my custom unreleased upcoming foam unfolds D:

I'm not sure I understand. From what I see the Virus was using some of the TSP/IP ports to do it's dirty work, and now that it's been deleted these ports are...gone? What are you reinstalling? If it all goes downhill buy a cheap external hard drive, transfer all of your documents (no downloads or programs) onto it and then re-install your OS. I know it sucks but when the poop hits the fan with computers sometimes it's best just to grab some stuff and run. Clarification on what your "installing" will help though!

I uninstalled the TSP/IP protocol and reinstalled it.*supposedly*I have almost all of my most important files on a USB flash drive (schoolwork not my unfolds) and i am prepared to rebuild it :p and isnt transfering your documents and reinstalling the OS pretty much rebuilding it? and the TSP/IP isnt gone. wait. no. lemme check whats the error thing that pops up (edit coming up)
EDIT Error message:The TCP/IP Network transport is not installed

I think of "building" as physically manipulating the hardware :p

I see what you mean now, and that is messed up! If you haven't read this yet then I'd try that. Other than that I'd just browse Google to find the solution. I can guarantee that somebody has run into it already.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back