"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a question about my helmet. I made a Halo Reach Gungnir helmet, and what makes it unique is the lack of a visor. So I'm going to put my phone in it, but I don't know how I'll make it stay in place. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

Having your phone that close to your eyes for any extended period of time is going to be absolutely painful. Unless you can link a small camera with live feed to screens that are designed to be used extremely close to your eyes (think google glass), I'd stray away from electronics and try another route. I know roxy roo used a door peep lens, like the wide angle lens you look through to see people outside of your door. That might be worth a shot!

If you are set on using your phone, why not juse glue in a cheap case designed to hold it? Simplementation and effective.

Myeah, having that phone in front of you for prolonged periods of time is going to be challenging.
However, if you're hell-bend on using a camera solution, using your phone will be the cheapest solution no doubt.

"keeping the phone in place" : I'd look for a cheap hard plastic bumper case for your phone, change/cut it so the phone can go in and out easy, and glue in that bumper case. Hey presto, perfect holder for next to nothing.

Camera ? Unless you're going to directly use the camera of your phone (preferable) : OTG cable, USB camera. But this would defeat the lowcost setup.

Keep in mind : you will have ZERO depth perception when using a camera solution.

I have seen people even install the small thing that is at your door, that thing where you can peek through and see. It works perfectly because it has this 'fish-eye' effect showing you pretty much everything at once, so your vision is still quite good.

Just an easy alternative.

Having your phone that close to your eyes for any extended period of time is going to be absolutely painful. Unless you can link a small camera with live feed to screens that are designed to be used extremely close to your eyes (think google glass), I'd stray away from electronics and try another route. I know roxy roo used a door peep lens, like the wide angle lens you look through to see people outside of your door. That might be worth a shot!

If you are set on using your phone, why not juse glue in a cheap case designed to hold it? Simplementation and effective.

Alright, Thanks FlyinPhil. I wasn't thinking of my eyes' health. I'll look into Roxy Roo's design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back